This homemade lemon body scrub recipe does a wonderful job of removing dead cells from the body. This scrub can be used weekly once by people who do not have sensitive skin, as lemon juice might irritate very sensitive skin. I always love to try out new things. When I saw this recipe in one of my old books, I wanted to try it and I was not disappointed. When I tried it for the first time, I used a thicker cloth and I couldn't feel the almond meal on my skin at all. If you use a thin wet cheese cloth, it will be perfect. To make this lemon body scrub, cut half a fresh lemon and remove the juice and press the pith inside nicely to make a hole. Soak the almonds and remove the skin and grind it in mixer to make almond meal. Mix the almond meal, yogurt and scooped out pulp of the lemon and stuff it in the prepared cut lemon. Wrap it in the wet cheese cloth and rub the scrubber all over your body. I am partial to almonds, but if you like you can substitute it with ground cashews too. I found that my skin was considerably softer after using this scrub. Make sure to apply your moisturizer after using this scrub.
1. Cut half a lemon, scoop out the flesh and press the left over pith inside to make a nice round hole. Make small slits on all the four sides of the lemon.
2. Soak almonds in water overnight and peel the skin.
3. Grind the soaked almonds into a fine powder.
4. Mix the almond meal, yogurt and scooped out flesh of the lemon, to make a thick paste.
5. Stuff into the prepared lime and wrap it in a wet cheese cloth and use it as a body scrub. The cut part of the lime should face the cheese cloth, when you are wrapping.
This homemade lemon body scrub is not for people with very sensitive skin.
The paste should be very thick, else it will drip down.