5 Top Benefits & Uses Of Brahmi Oil For Hair Growth & Stress
Brahmi oil is a very important herbal oil preparation that is regarded very highly in India. Water
hyssop commonly called brahmi in India is an ancient herb that has been
used for more than 3000 years. Brahmi plant is called neerbrahmi in
Tamil and it's botanical name is Bacopa Monnieri. Bacopa extract is
known for it's amazing use in increasing memory and for combating stress
effectively. Brahmi grows all over India and it can be easily found
near river beds. Using herbal oils for stress is a practice that has been done for centuries. The process of applying an oil externally on the scalp for dealing with anxiety and stress might seem strange to many but I have seen it done in my own family with good results. In day to day life we have to deal with so many worst stresses like loss of loved ones, separations, etc. We need all the help that we can get to deal with our stressful lives especially without any side effects. Herbs like brahmi calm us down which in turn help us accept the situation which I think is the first step in dealing with the worst stress. An oil bath with brahmi oil relaxes a person, nourishes the hair and helps one get good sleep. Brahmi oil can be easily made at home if you can get the fresh plant and source pure unrefined sesame oil, else you can buy the oil from the markets too. I haven't used store bought brahmi oil but I would recommend that you check that the oil is made with only brahmi extracts and pure unrefined oil especially for dealing with stress. If you are planning to use it for hair growth, you can try brahmi hair oil marketed along with other nourishing ingredients. Brahmi oil has the following benefits: 1. Brahmi oil helps one get good sleep, especially if you are a person who gets only restless sleep, I would suggest a regular oil massage with brahmi oil. 2. Brahmi oil strengthens the hair roots and is a very good conditioner. 3. Brahmi oil also is said to increase the mental alertness and concentration. 3. Brahmi oil calms a person down and helps tackle stress effectively. 4. Brahmi oil helps prevent split ends, if massaged all over the hair. 5. Having oil bath with brahmi oil also helps prevent redness of the eyes. This homemade brahmi oil is made with dried amla, fenugreek seeds and fresh brahmi extract. This oil is a very good hair conditioner but if you want to use brahmi oil to calm and relax, I would suggest making it with only brahmi and unrefined sesame oil as it is more potent.....
1. Collect fresh brahmi leaves. Wash it well and grind in mixer along with little water and extract the juice.
2. Take dried amla and fenugreek seeds.
2. Heat sesame oil, add the dried amla and fenugreek seeds. The dried amla will swell up and float on top.
3. Keep the flame in the lowest possible setting and add the brahmi juice. It will immediately start spluttering and the sizzling. I couldn't take that picture because I thought the oil will splutter all over the camera lens. Here in this picture the sizzling sound is about to stop indicating that there is no moisture left in the oil.
4. Switch off the flame and strain. In this whole process both the fenugreek seeds and the dried amla should never get burnt at all.
5. Store the oil in glass bottles.
Make sure to do the whole process in low to medium flame.
Don't fill the pan to the brim with the oil, else it will spill over.
Try to use only unrefined sesame oil for making the oil.
Use this oil for oil massage before hair wash, make sure to let it soak for at least 15 minutes before having hair wash.