This Aloe Vera eye mask is a great home remedy for under eye circles, puffy eyes, and redness of eyes. A few days back when I visited my sister, she showed me an Aloe Vera eye mask that she had purchased. She was all praises for it and the person who had sold it to her, had particularly told her that it contains pure Aloe Vera gel and no chemical additives. After few days, I asked her about the eye mask and I couldn’t stop laughing, when I heard what she said. The eye pack had started leaking after a few days and guess what? It didn’t have any Aloe Vera gel at all, only green color mixed with water. I wanted to make a pure homemade Aloe Vera eye mask for her and I came up with a simple idea. Though it does not look very fancy, it really made a great eye mask, as it is made with pure Aloe Vera gel. To make this, you have to do a tiny bit of sewing, not any complicated stuff, just to seal the cloth. First take a pure white cotton cloth of about 9 inches in length and 4 inches in breadth and sterilize the cloth by boiling it in water. Dry the cloth well and then fold it length wise in half and stitch along one side and the length of the cloth. Leave the other side open to insert the Aloe Vera gel. I did the stitching in my sewing machine, if you don’t have a sewing machine, just stitch it by hand, using a running stitch. Take a fresh Aloe Vera leaf and clean the leaf in water to remove the outer green slimy layer. Remove the thorns on both sides and cut it in half and scoop out the gel with the help of a knife. Insert the gel into the cloth and once the gel is filled inside the cloth, secure the other side of the cloth with a pin. To insert the gel, push it inside, using a spoon or a blunt knife. Now all that is left to do, is to refrigerate the Aloe Vera eye pack. To use, lie down in a comfortable bed, remove the Aloe Vera gel from the refrigerator and place the homemade Aloe Vera eye mask over the eyes and relax. This eye pack reduces puffiness of the eyes, redness and dark circles around the eyes. The best part is you know it is very pure. This eye mask can be stored in the refrigerator and used for 3 to 4 days.
1. Take a white cotton cloth and cut it into a rectangle, that is 9 inches in length and 4 inches in breadth.
2. Sterilize the cloth by boiling it in water and then sun dry it completely.
3. Now fold in half and stitch along one side and the length of the cloth.
4. Take an Aloe Vera leaf and wash the outer slimy layer. Cut the thorns on both sides of the leaf, cut it in half and scoop out the flesh.
5. Insert the gel inside the cloth through the unstitched side and pin it closed. Leave it in the refrigerator and your homemade Aloe Vera eye pack is ready!
- Try using fresh Aloe Vera gel, for best results.
- Use only 100% pure cotton cloth.
- This Aloe Vera eye mask can be safely used by every one.