Many of my friends were asking ideas for homemade hair dye. All of us know that henna is the best way to dye the hair without any chemicals. But henna powder we get is not pure and if we make henna paste separately with fresh henna leaves, it is quite drying. Last week, my cousin suggested using henna like the way I have posted here. Using fresh henna leaves with aloevera is a great idea because Aloe Vera conditions the hair well and prevents hair from drying out. The other thing I noticed while making this paste is that, aloevera makes it easier to grind the henna leaves very finely without adding any water. My cousin has premature greying problem and she uses this regularly. This paste gives a deep dark reddish black tinge to the hair. This paste can be used immediately and because the paste is smooth, it is very easy to apply on the hair. To make this home made hair dye, collect fresh henna leaves, separate the leaves from the stalk. Take a fresh Aloe Vera leaf and cut the thorns from both sides and cut them into pieces. Grind both together well and apply on the hair. Wait for at least half an hour before washing your hair.
1. Cut a fresh Aloe Vera leaf from the plant. You will find slimy green juice, wash it well and cut the thorns on both sides of the leaf.
2. Collect fresh henna leaves and remove the stalks. Cut the Aloe Vera into small pieces, along with the outer skin.
3. Grind both together well without adding water. It grinds very nicely into a fine paste.
4. Apply it on the hair and wait for at least 30 minutes, before washing off.
- This paste has to be applied immediately.
- Both the henna leaves and Aloe Vera leaf should be fresh.
- Please don’t mix yogurt or milk in this, your hair will not get that deep dark red color.
- If you don’t get fresh henna leaves, use good quality henna powder and Aloe Vera.