Multani mitti is called “Fuller’s Earth” in English. Multani mitti is a type of clay that has amazing benefits for both hair and skin. Multani mitti has been used by women for centuries for their beauty treatments. Multani mitti hair packs improve circulation in the scalp, removes the grime and dirt and strengthens the roots. I had a pack of multani mitti lying in my cupboard, that I got few months back. I was searching for a good hair pack recipe to make good use of the multani mitti. Many of the recipes I read, suggested using it with water. Multani mitti, if used alone can be quite drying, so I decided to use it along with fresh Aloe Vera gel. This mask is super conditioning and leaves your hair soft and very manageable. It also strengthens the hair roots. Aloe Vera and lemon are both good dandruff fighters and will greatly reduce reduce dandruff from your scalp. This pack is great for people with normal and oily hair. If you have got dry hair, you can substitute lemon with sour yogurt/curd. Good quality multani mitti is available everywhere now, so try to get the best and also if you are not able to get fresh Aloe Vera, you can use store bought Aloe Vera gel too. To make this hair pack, first take a fresh Aloe Vera leaf, wash and cut the thorns on both sides. Add the multani mitti powder, lemon juice to the Aloe Vera and blend it to get a smooth puree. The mixture should neither be too thick nor too thin. Apply it all over the scalp and wait for it dry on your scalp, before washing it off with a mild shampoo. For best results, make sure that your scalp is not greasy before applying this pack.
1. Collect all the ingredients. Here I used fresh Aloe Vera leaf, multani mitti powder and lemon. If your multani powder has got lumps, break it.
2. Take a fresh Aloe Vera leaf and wash it well to remove the sliminess. Cut the thorn on both sides and cut into small pieces along with the skin.
3. Grind everything together in a blender to a smooth paste. To apply the multani mitti on the hair – part your hair using a comb and apply this paste, making sure that every part of the scalp is covered with the paste. Wait for 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off.
- I prefer to use Aloe Vera with the skin, if you don’t then use the Aloe Vera gel only.
- Add enough lime juice to get a smooth paste.
- If using yogurt, use thick yogurt else the mixture will be very runny
- Decrease or increase the quantity according to the thickness and the length of your hair