Using fennel tea as a home remedy to treat gastric problems is very common all over the world. This fennel tea has amazing health benefits. 1. For Babies – A few teaspoons of this fennel tea really does wonders in treating colic pain in babies. The amount of tea to be given depends on the age of the baby. 2. For Bloating – Fennel seeds are rich in important volatile oil compounds and it is these compounds that are responsible for treating bloating and flatulence. Though I call it tea, we only use it as a medicine to treat bloating and flatulence. There are many reasons that cause bloating in a person, but the most common triggers are overeating and eating junk food a lot. Whenever you are facing this problem, make a pot of this tea and keep sipping it and in no time you will feel better. 3. For Respiratory Problems – Fennel tea is recommended for respiratory problems like cold and cough. 4. For Sore Throat – Gargling with fennel tea helps in treating sore throat. Do it at least 2 to 3 times a day for best results. 5. For Weight Loss – Fennel tea assists in weight loss by improving digestion and assimilation of food. This tea is supposed to be taken as a medicine and please don’t use it on a daily basis. To make this tea, dry roast fennel seeds in an empty pan for few seconds. Add a cup of water to it and boil till it reduces in volume and the color changes. This tea has a strong aromatic smell and we usually don’t add any sweetness to it. But if the children make a fuss to drink it, honey can be added.
1. Take fennel seeds in pan and dry roast it for few seconds. Don’t fry it too much.
2. Add a cup of water to the pan and boil till it reduced and the color of the water changes.
3. Strain. Cool and if desired, add honey to taste.
- Don’t roast the fennel seeds too much else the tea will be bitter.
- The quantity of the tea depends on the age, for children 1 to 2 tbsp will do.
- For babies 1 tsp of this tea will be enough.
- For adults, a cup of this tea made with the given measurements will be enough.
- Side effects: If you are taking any medication, consult your doctor before drinking this tea on a daily basis.
- Some people might be allergic to fennel tea, so if you are a person who are prone to allergic reactions, check with a medical practitioner before drinking this tea
- This fennel tea also increases skin sensitivity to sun. If you are going to be outdoors for a long time, don’t drink this fennel tea on that day.