Using fennel tea as a home remedy to treat gastric problems is very common all over the world. This fennel tea has amazing health benefits but this tea is supposed to be taken as a medicine and please don’t use it on a daily basis. To make this tea, dry roast fennel seeds in an empty pan for few seconds.
Add a cup of water to it and boil till it reduces in volume and the color changes. This tea has a strong aromatic smell and we usually don’t add any sweetness to it. But if the children make a fuss to drink it, honey can be added.
Fennel Tea Health Benefits:
1. For Babies:
2. For Bloating:
Fennel seeds are rich in important volatile oil compounds and it is these compounds that are responsible for treating bloating and flatulence. Though I call it tea, we only use it as a medicine to treat bloating and flatulence.
There are many reasons that cause bloating in a person, but the most common triggers are overeating and eating junk food a lot. Whenever you are facing this problem, make a pot of this tea and keep sipping it and in no time you will feel better.
3. For Respiratory Problems:
4. For Sore Throat:
5. For Weight Loss:
How To Make Fennel Tea:
1. Take fennel seeds in pan and dry roast it for few seconds. Don’t fry it too much.
2. Add a cup of water to the pan and boil till it reduced and the color of the water changes.
3. Strain. Cool and if desired, add honey to taste.
- Don’t roast the fennel seeds too much else the tea will be bitter.
- The quantity of the tea depends on the age, for children 1 to 2 tbsp will do.
- For babies 1 tsp of this tea will be enough.
- For adults, a cup of this tea made with the given measurements will be enough.
- Side effects: If you are taking any medication, consult your doctor before drinking this tea on a daily basis.
- Some people might be allergic to fennel tea, so if you are a person who are prone to allergic reactions, check with a medical practitioner before drinking this tea
- This fennel tea also increases skin sensitivity to sun. If you are going to be outdoors for a long time, don’t drink this fennel tea on that day.