This home remedy is very common in our home. This home remedy is used, when we have stomach cramps accompanied by diarrhea. We call it ” Vaitru kaduppu” in Tamil. This problem commonly occurs when we eat out a lot and consume very greasy foods. When I was younger, this is one home remedy that I was ready to eat any time because it has honey. In my personal experience, I feel when we have an ailment, home remedies that involves common kitchen ingredients are the best. Because when we or any of our family members are in pain, the last thing we want to do is search for an ingredient. So I make it a point to collect and post remedies that are handy and easy to make, so everyone can benefit out of it. This remedy is truly wonderful for children, as I have been using it for years now. For this home remedy, fenugreek is fried in an empty kadai till golden and it is powdered finely in a mortar and pestle. The powder is mixed with good quality honey. It is easier to make the children eat it, as the fenugreek taste is masked by the sweetness of honey. Give this powder thrice with an interval of 2 hrs. Writing these remedies that I have grown up with, gives me so much pleasure.
1. Take a small pan and fry the fenugreek.
2. Once golden, remove and let cool.
3. Powder it finely, in a mortar and pestle.
4. Take the required powder and mix it with honey.
- When frying fenugreek, make sure to fry it till golden color.
- For children, less than 1/4’th tsp of fenugreek powder will be enough.
- For very young children, a pinch of this powder, mixed with honey will be enough.
- Store the left over powder in air tight boxes, for future use.