Fenugreek tea has some amazing health benefits. Last week my uncle who is a diabetic patient shared his experience after using fenugreek tea. After reading in a book about the benefits of fenugreek tea, he had started consuming fenugreek tea everyday morning immediately after he gets up. Within a month of drinking fenugreek tea, when he went for his monthly sugar test, his sugar level had significantly dropped that even the doctor was surprised.
Now since all my relatives know that I am recording the home remedies, they usually call me and share their experiences, especially if they try out a new remedy or a herb. Though we don’t call it tea and drink it regularly as a daily drink in our place, using fenugreek tea to treat various diseases is very common. It is used to treat variety of problems like diabetes, cough, acid reflux, etc.
Fenugreek Tea Health Benefits:
1. Fenugreek Tea For Breast Growth:
There is a wide claim that fenugreek tea is said to increase the breast size. Though many women claim that fenugreek has increased their breast size, I couldn’t find a single study supporting this claim even after searching for hours. However since fenugreek is available very cheap and has very few side effects, it wouldn’t hurt to give it a try.
2. Fenugreek Tea For Hair:
According to me fenugreek is one of the best ingredients for using on hair. I can say from personal experience that fenugreek is wonderful for hair as I have been using it for many years now. Next time you make fenugreek tea and if you have any left overs, use it for mixing hair packs. It will super condition the hair and prevent dandruff.
3. Fenugreek Tea For Skin:
Fenugreek tea consumption is very good for treating acne prone skin. Fenugreek tea treats skin inflammation and can be used to gently apply on acne prone skin to treat it. To use externally, make a concentrated fenugreek tea and apply the liquid with a sponge on the problem area.
4. Fenugreek Tea For Breast Milk:
Fenugreek is very effective for increasing the breast milk in feeding mothers. We generally make fenugreek porridge for breast feeding mothers to increase breast milk but fenugreek tea is also effective. Drink fenugreek tea daily till there is sufficient breast milk to feed the baby and then you can stop taking it.
5. Fenugreek Tea For Diabetes:
Fenugreek tea is very very good for reducing the blood sugar levels, especially if had on an empty stomach. Try to have a cup of fenugreek daily if you are suffering from elevated blood sugar levels, it will greatly help bring down the blood sugar levels.
Fenugreek Tea Side Effects:
Fenugreek tea usually does not cause any problems but diabetic patients should monitor their blood sugar levels closely as it drastically decreases the blood sugar levels and pregnant mothers should not consume fenugreek tea as it is said to cause contractions. Very rarely fenugreek tea causes stomach problems, if it does decrease the quantity of fenugreek tea and gradually increase it over the days…
How To Make Fenugreek Tea At Home?
1. Crush fenugreek seeds a bit coarsely in a mortar and pestle. Do it in the mortar and pestle, if you use the mixer, it will crush it too fine.
2. Boil water in a pan along with the fenugreek seeds till the color of the water changes to yellow color.
3. Add jaggery to taste, let it dissolve and strain.
- For diabetic patients: you can also soak the seeds in water the previous night and have it the next day along with the seeds without boiling.
- If you crush the seeds too fine, the tea will be very very bitter.
- Although this tea is bitter, it is much better off when you add the jaggery.
- If you feel the tea is very very bitter and find it very difficult to drink, boil the seeds without pounding it.
- The seeds can be swallowedwithout discarding but I couldn’t eat it as it was very bitter…..