Neem leaves are one of the best ingredients to use for treating hair problems. Many of us suffer from Itchy scalp. Although there are so many shampoos and medicines for itchy scalp on the market, none can compete with neem leaves, when it comes to completely curing itchy scalp without any side effects. This hair rinse is made with fresh neem leaves and lemon juice. This hair rinse prevents dandruff along with itchy scalp and promotes hair growth too. Every part of the neem tree is used as a medicine. We also use neem extensively in most of our home remedies. The neem leaves in this rinse cures itchy scalp and the lemon juice gives a nice sheen to the hair. Use this rinse after you have shampooed your hair. Bend down from your hips, pour half of the rinse on your hair. When you are pouring the rinse over the scalp, make sure to apply it to every inch of your scalp. Repeat the process again with the rest of the rinse. You can even take some of the rinse in your hands and massage it in and then pour the rest of the hair rinse over your scalp. If you do this regularly, you will get good relief from itchy scalp. Make sure not to shampoo, after using the rinse.
1. Gather the neem leaves together and tie them into a bunch with a thread.
2. Boil 1 liter of water in a wide pan. Once the water boils, immerse the neem leaves into the water, such that the end part of the bunch stands out of the water.
3. Let it boil for 5 minutes, till the color of the water changes. Switch off. Now carefully remove the neem leaf bunch from the water and discard.
4. Let the water cool. Once the water has completely cooled, add the lemon juice. Mix everything together well and use.
- If you don’t get fresh neem leaves, use neem leaf powder. Boil the powder with water, strain and add lemon juice.
- This rinse will be bitter, make sure it doesn’t enter your mouth.
- Use it at least weekly twice after hair wash, for best results.