Rose water has been used from ancient times for external application due to its wonderful healing properties. Pure rose water is especially useful for eyes and has wonderful benefits if used as an eye wash. Homemade eye washes can be very cost effective and is very easy to make at home. This rose water eyewash helps the eyes feel refreshed and brighter.
This home made eyewash also can be used for a long time without any side effects. People who have itchy, tired, red, dry and swollen eyes will greatly benefit from this rose eye wash. If you are a person who spends a lot of time in front of the computer, then try using this home made eye wash at least weekly thrice. You will find that your eyes are refreshed and lot less tired.
Homemade Rose Water:
We have paneer rose plant at home and I always use them since it is hard to get pesticide free roses from the market. I have to say that when it comes to roses, I always prefer paneer roses over any other roses for their fresh refreshing smell. This homemade eye wash contains both fresh rose water and fresh rose petals making it very effective.
But try to make your own rose water, it is very easy to make and stores well in the refrigerator. If you don’t get paneer variety roses try to use any pesticide free roses that you get. But always make sure to use only pesticide free roses. To make this eye wash, take rose water in a cup, dilute it with water. Now add in pure Aloe Vera gel and mix well. Add in a handful of fresh rose petals and store the eye wash in an earthen pot.
Use this home made eye wash to wash your eyes. Since our eyes are very sensitive, try not to use tap water as it may contain impurities. To perform the eye wash you can either wash your eyes directly with it else immerse the eyes in the rose water by placing it in a cup. Make sure the eye wash comes in direct contact with the eyes. Discard the eye wash once you have used it…..
Rose Water Eye Benefits:
1. For Relieving Tired Eyes:
2. Prevents Eye Infections:
3. Reduces Dark Circles:
4. Reduces Redness Of The Eyes:
5. Reduces Eye Wrinkles:
Rose Water Eye Wash Recipe:
1. Take rose water and water in a cup.
2. Remove the inner gel from an Aloe Vera plant, grind to a smooth puree without adding any water and add to the mixture if you are going to use it on the same day. If you want to store it for longer or take it while traveling, add 100 % store bought gel that is free of color and perfume like I did and mix well.
3. Now collect fresh roses, wash the roses well and separate the petals form the flower. Add fresh rose petals if you are going to use it the same day. Skip rose petals if planning to store it for longer, rose petals makes it smell heavenly.
4. Add the rose petals to the rose water and Aloe Vera gel mixture. Transfer the eye wash to an earthen pot and use it 2 to 3 times a day if you suffer from redness else use it once a day…..
- Use only pesticide free roses.
- Make sure to sterilize the cups you are using, this is especially important if you have eye irritations or allergies.
- Try to make this eye wash with homemade rose water.
- The earthen pot keeps the rose water really cool.