This turmeric tea is one of the best ways to consume turmeric for treating illnesses and it is an all purpose medicine. It can be used for treating inflammations, internal wounds, ulcers, fever and to increase immunity. One of my nieces shared her experience with me after drinking turmeric tea. A few weeks back she had severe knee pain and since she was having her exams, she didn’t have the time to visit a doctor. She tried turmeric tea as she had heard about it a lot.
When she spoke to me about her experience she was all praises for turmeric tea because she said it was like magic to see her pain reduce considerably. This magic effect of turmeric is due to it’s wonderful anti inflammatory properties. I have been using turmeric extensively for many years now but I am still in awe with this wonderful spice. I am so in love with turmeric that I have never been without turmeric in my house.
Health Benefits Of Turmeric Tea:
1. Turmeric Tea For Acne:
2. Turmeric Tea for Cold, Cough & Sore Throat:
3. Turmeric Tea For Weight Loss:
4. Turmeric Tea For Pain:
5. Turmeric Tea For Immunity:
Side Effects of Turmeric Tea:
How To Make Turmeric Tea At Home:
1. If you are using fresh turmeric, try soaking it in water for at least half an hour to remove all the dirt. Peel the outer skin and cut it into slices. Fresh turmeric stains more so wear gloves if you don’t want the stain in your hands.
2. Take the turmeric root, ginger, palm candy, peppercorns and cardamom seeds.
3. Pound all of them together coarsely in a mortar and pestle.
4. Boil a cup of water and once it comes to boil, add the pounded ingredients and boil for a few minutes.
5. If you are planning on taking this tea before bed time, grate nutmeg into it and then strain.
- If you want to add milk and drink it as a comforting drink, add it after straining.
- While using it as a remedy for treating phlegm and indigestion, don’t add milk.
- I have used palm candy as it is very nutritious but if you don’t have it at home, substitute it with honey. Add it after straining the tea.
- This remedy is also very good for indigestion.