Last week I got these fresh avocados plucked right of the tree. I wanted to try a homemade avocado face mask recipe with it and I had a good time trying it out. Avocados are packed with skin nourishing vitamins and when applied as a face pack has these following benefits: 1. Avocados Face Mask For Dry Skin: This avocado face mask treats dry skin effectively. Especially during winter months hydrating masks like this will prevent excessive dryness and will keep the skin soft and supple. 2. Avocado Face Mask For Acne & Acne Scars: Avocados are widely used in cosmetics now for their wonderful effects on the skin. Masks made with fresh avocados are soothing and helps combat acne and regular use also fades acne scars. 3. Avocado Face Mask For Wrinkles: This avocado face mask is best for mature skin that is prone to wrinkles. It leaves the skin petal soft and the face scrub also helps to reduce black heads. 4. Avocado Face Mask For Oily Skin: This mask can be used for both oily and combination skin. For both oily and combination skin, skip the milk in the face mask and use rose water. This mask is especially useful for acne prone oily skin as it treats both the conditions. 5. Avocado Face Mask For Fair & Glowing Skin: This face mask brightens the skin tone and leaves the skin glowing. Before attending any functions, try this mask then you will not need any other skin treatments. You can also make a simple avocado scrub with avocado skin, so don’t throw the skin away. To make the avocado face mask, first soak some almonds and peel off the skin and grind it to fine powder. Scoop out the flesh from the avocados and save the skin. Add some ground almond powder on the avocado skin and use it as a scrub on the face before applying the face mask. For the face mask, grind some oats into a fine powder, add the scooped out flesh of avocados, left over almond powder and grind it to fine paste along with little milk. Apply this paste on the face and neck, after the scrub. Wait for it to dry completely, before washing off.
1. Cut the avocado in half. Remove the seed and scoop out the flesh. Save the skin.
2. Soak some almonds in water for at least an hour. Remove the skin and grind it to a fine powder.
3. For the scrub: Take the avocado skin and sprinkle the almond powder on top of it and rub it gently on the face.
4. For the face mask: Grind oats into a fine powder in a mixer.
5. Take the ground oats, scooped out flesh of avocado, almond powder in a mixer and grind it to a fine paste along with little milk.
- This face mask is very gentle on the skin and people with very sensitive skin can use it safely.
- If you don’t want to use the avocado scrub, skip that part.
- Wash the face after scrubbing with the avocado skin and pat dry with a towel, before applying the face mask.
- Wait for the face mask to completely dry on the skin, before washing off.
- The amount of oats and almond powder to be added, is individual choice.