If you want to fight stress head on, improve your memory and get rid of cellulite naturally then you should try gotu kola tea. It is an amazing tea that has a lot of health benefits and the best part is it tastes very good and can be made in a matter of minutes. Gotu kola is called vallarai in Tamil and it’s botanical name is Centella Asiatica and you can find this plant almost in every super market in India.
It is also called mandukaparni in Sanskrit and Indian penny wort in English. Gotu kola has been used for centuries for treating all anxiety related problems and it also has been known and proven to improve memory. One of the best ways to consume gotu kola is by making a tea out of it.
Gotu Kola Tea Health Benefits:
1. Gotu Kola Tea For Cellulite:
Gotu kola is one of the few herbs that has been proven to reduce cellulite both when taken internally as a tea or when applied externally as a cream. You can add gotu kola tea to any base cream and use it as an anti cellulite cream.
2. Gotu Kola Tea For Memory:
Here in India, taking gotu kola for improving memory has been done for centuries and is a remedy that almost everyone knows off. Even children can be given this tea and it will greatly help them improve their memory. Taking herbal teas like this is much better than taking medications.
3. Gotu Kola Tea For Anxiety:
Gotu kola has a soothing effect on the nerves and calms even the most turbulent mind. It is also a best drink that helps us deal with day to day stress. If you are stressed out, try drinking a cup of gotu kola tea regularly.
4. Gotu Kola Tea For Digestion:
Gotu kola by itself prevents stomach ulcers but when combined together with turmeric and peppercorns, it makes it even more an effective remedy that treats all stomach disorders. Gotu kola also improves immunity and it also has anti inflammatory properties.
5. Gotu Kola Tea For Sleep:
Gotu kola reduces stress and has a calming effect on the nervous system and because of this wonderful property it also acts as natural sleep aid. If you are finding it difficult to sleep due to anxiety or stress, try drinking gotu kola tea for a few days.
Gotu Kola Tea Side Effects:
Gotu kola is best avoided during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Gotu kola also should not be consumed regularly for longer periods of time. Also it is best to consume gotu kola in moderation else it will cause digestion problems.
How To Make Gotu Kola Tea:
Take this tea during stressful times but once you feel better stop taking it. This gotu kola tea recipe is made with fresh gotu kola leaves and whole organic fresh milk mixed with a wonderful spice blend. The spices used for the tea are cumin seeds, peppercorns, turmeric powder and palm candy. I really love the taste of this tea and it is very comforting to drink it especially when we are stressed out. if you have any thoughts on gotu kola please write in the comment section below…..
1. Collect fresh gotu kola leaves and wash them well.
2. Take cumin seeds, pepper corns, palm candy and pure turmeric powder in a mortar and pestle and pound them as finely as you can.
3. Heat 1/2 cup water in a pan and once it comes to a boil, add fresh gotu kola leaves and the pounded spice mixture.
4. Cover and let it boil till the gotu kola leaves are fully cooked and the mixture has almost reduced to half and then strain.
5. Add hot milk to the strained mixture and your comforting gotu kola tea is ready!
- I used organic whole milk from the farm but you can use any milk you prefer.
- Add milk after you strain the mixture.
- Try to use fresh gotu kola leaves or you can also dry the gotu kola leaves and then make the tea with dried leaves.