I had a huge bottle of Epsom salt left in my pantry and I wanted to make something nice with it. Of late I didn’t make any homemade products at all and I thought homemade Epsom salt foot soak would be a good idea. Magnesium sulfate also called Epsom salt is easily absorbed by the skin and treats all foot related problems. Epsom salt foot soak blends make great gifts and if you have a little patience you can make stunning gifts with this Epsom salt recipe. Epsom salt foot soak treats toe nail fungus and regular use prevents it. It smooths out rough skin leaving the feet soft and smooth and it also treats foot odor. This soak can be used for sprains and bruises as it reduces the swelling and pain considerably. It also helps to exfoliate the dead skin on the feet effectively. After soaking the feet scrub gently with a pumice stone and the dead cells will come off quickly and easily from the feet. This foot soak is a great detox and after a long tiring day soaking the feet in this aromatic foot soak will relieve a person of the days stress and tension. Foot soak blends are quite expensive when got from the shops, this homemade foot soak blend costs very less when compared to it and is a perfect project to do on a weekend with your kids. They will greatly enjoy layering the blend in the bottles. Epsom salt, sea salt, baking soda, essential oil and food coloring are the ingredients needed for making this foot soak. It is always nice to customize recipes to our liking and this recipe is wonderful for trying out our favorite blend of herbs and essential oils. I didn’t add any herbs because I didn’t want the herbs poking and disturbing the layers but you can add any dried herbs that you like. I am planning to add fresh herbs from the garden when I am soaking my feet. I thought layering the salts will make great gifts so I tried layering for the first time and I was quite happy with the result though I feel it is far from perfect. This foot soak also will be very good for elderly people, who suffer from leg cramps, aches and pains. Take a foot tub, fill it with warm water, add the foot soak blend and ask them to immerse their feet in it. It will ease the inflammation and the aches and pain also will reduce. If done at night it will give them a good night’s sleep….
1. Measure out the Epsom salt, baking soda and sea salt.
2. Add the essential oil to the mixture and mix well. The best choices are tea tree oil or any citrus oils as they treat all the infections very effectively.
3. Split the mixture into two and to one part add your favorite food color. I added red food coloring.
4. Take a tall thin bottle and start layering. Make sure to tap to fill in the gaps completely after each layer else the layers will mix together. To use take a handful of this foot soak mixture and add to warm water and soak your clean feet in it. Remove once the water temperature has cooled down and gently remove the dead cells using a scrubber, wash your feet again, pat dry and apply a moisturizer
- Make sure to mix the essential oil well with your hands, else the mixture will be lumpy.
- You can also use multiple colors for layering if you have the patience 🙂
- Make sure to scrub your feet after soaking to remove the dead cells from the feet easily.