These homemade bath bombs are fun to make at home. Children will have lot of fun in their bath with it. When you are giving bath for young children at home, just add one of these in the bath water. The fizz it produces will absolutely delight them. The ingredients in this bath bombs are very mild on the skin.
To make this at home, take citric acid, baking soda and mix them together. Add the grated zest of a lemon, yellow food coloring and few drops of citrus essential oil and mix them well. Now to bind all of it together, add rubbing alcohol/surgical spirit. Surgical spirit contains 70% pure ethanol and you can buy it in medical stores.
Add the surgical spirit little by little till you can shape the mixture. Have fun shaping them, if you don’t have the patience to shape them, just make them into balls. Please remember not to add water, as it will start fizzing right away!
Dry them in the shade till it hardens and store them in an airtight container. Please be precise with the measurements and don’t substitute surgical spirit, you won’t get the desired fizz. The citrus smell from the fresh lemon peel and lemon essential oil will uplift your mood. Baking soda softens your skin, so have fun making it at home!
5 Easy Steps To Make Homemade Bath Bombs
1. Grate the skin of a fresh lemon.
2. Measure out the citric acid and baking soda and mix them together. Make sure there are no lumps.
3. Mix the lemon essential oil, grated lemon zest and yellow food color with the citric acid, baking soda mixture.
4. Add surgical spirit little by little to the mixture till everything comes together. Don’t add more surgical spirit than necessary, you won’t be able to shape them.
5. Have fun making shapes out of this mixture and dry it in the shade till they harden. Store in an airtight box.
- While making these bath bombs make sure not to contact the mixture with water.
- Adding food color is optional.
- Be precise with the measurements.
- Please don’t touch the bath bombs after shaping them. I was handling the bath bombs before they could dry completely, to photograph them, that is why the bath bombs are not perfectly shaped.
This can also be used for daily bath? can i substitute yellow color with kasturi turmeric powder?
Priyanka, These are usually best used as treats once in a while like weekly once and not for daily use. If you substitute it with with turmeric powder, it might stain. If you don't mind it enjoy experimenting….:)
It says to "be precise with the measurements but it doesn't give precise measurements? Can you please add those? 🙂 Love the idea of making our own. Thank you. Love your blog.
Hi Tori, add 5 to 6 drops of essential oil, 5 drops of liquid color and then add the surgical spirit till you are able to shape the mixture in your hands…