This homemade beetroot lip balm using fresh beetroot juice is amazing and will rival any store bought lip balm. I have always enjoyed making my own lip balms and usually I make them with pure unrefined oils and beeswax as a base. I have always wanted to try tinted lip balms and my friend suggested using food colors but I didn’t want to use food coloring instead I opted for natural food extracts and this time I chose beetroot juice. Beetroot juice not only adds a wonderful pink color to the lip balm, it also lightens dark lips. Beetroot juice is rich in nutrients and regular application gives the lips a natural pink color. Adding natural color reduces the shelf life of the lip balm and we have to refrigerate it to prevent it from getting spoilt. But after looking at the beautiful pink color after adding beetroot juice, I felt it was so worth it. The ingredients used in this lip balm are unrefined coconut oil, beetroot juice, organic beeswax and essential oil. Using this beetroot lip balm regularly has these 5 amazing benefits for lips: 1. Both coconut oil and beetroot juice in the lip balm lighten dark lips but you have to use it regularly to see results. 2. Beeswax, coconut oil and beetroot juice keeps the lip moisturized and smooth. 3. This beetroot lip balm prevents lip chapping if used regularly. 4. Beetroot juice improves the lip color and makes lips pink naturally. 5. It makes the lips super glossy and beautiful! Since this lip balm is made with natural ingredients, you can use it everyday for long periods of time. I would suggest making small batches of this lip balm, use it for a week or two and make a new batch again. That way the lip balm will remain fresh and will not loose the wonderful smell of essential oil added to it.
1. Take half a beetroot, peel and take it in a mixer. Grind to a smooth paste without adding any water.
2. Now take the ground paste in a strainer and press with a spoon to get beetroot juice.
3.Take beeswax in a bowl, add in the measured out coconut oil to it.
4. Melt them both using a double boiler. You can also melt it over direct fire but do it in very very low flame. Wait patiently for it to melt completely.
5. Once fully melted let cool a bit, don’t wait for it to thicken. Now add in the beetroot juice, essential oil and mix well.
6. Take it a small jar, store in the fridge and use daily. Take the lip balm out of the refrigerator 10 minutes before using.
- Try to make the lip balm with organic beeswax for best results.
- Always use freshly squeezed beetroot juice
- Essential oil is your choice, add the ones you are fond of…