For natural acne treatment, neem oil is the best and the most effective. Many teenagers suffer from acne, which can be very traumatic. There are good home remedies for acne and this remedy is one of the best. Acne is caused by bacteria and since neem is antibacterial and that too an effective one, makes neem the best for treating acne. Though you can use neem in the form of soaps and scrubs that you get in the markets, using it the raw form is the most effective.
Neem oil can be bought very cheaply and it is available every where. Than using only the neem oil, I prefer to use it along with a neem face pack, as I feel it gives wonderful results. This neem oil treatment starts with a face pack which has got turmeric and neem leaves. After the face pack, neem oil is mixed with coconut oil and then applied on the face. Though it is a bit messy and time consuming to make the paste, this treatment is very very effective for acne.
This treatment fades acne scars and prevents new ones from forming. However as many of you will be aware, neem oil does not smell good, it is ok when used as a fresh leaf, but as oil, it smells really bad and it is very very strong. So when you are doing this treatment please don’t wear your favorite or expensive clothes, as even a drop of neem oil will make the whole dress smell bad. Since this is a natural treatment please don’t expect instant results, but if you use regularly it will give the best results.
To make the face pack, rub a piece of organic turmeric on a coarse stone and collect the paste. Collect fresh tender neem leaves and grind it to a fine paste, add the turmeric paste and grind to a smooth paste. Now apply the face on a clean face and wait for it to dry. Once dry, wash it off without scrubbing the face especially if you have a lot of acne on the face. Pat dry and apply the oil blend and massage it gently well into the skin. At first you might find the smell of neem oil very irritating, but with regular use, trust me you will get used to it. And if you see the results, you might start loving it 🙂
How To Use Neem Oil For Treating Acne:
1. Take a rough stone and rub an organic turmeric along with boiled water to get a smooth paste.
2. Take tender neem leaves and grind to a smooth paste in the mixer.
3. Add the turmeric paste to the ground neem paste and grind together to a smooth paste and apply this paste as a face pack.
4. Make the oil blend by mixing a 2 tbsp of virgin coconut oil with 1/4 tsp of neem oil. It will be good, if we can use half coconut oil and half neem oil, but slowly increase the proportion.
After the face pack dries, pat dry gently and apply this blend. To apply take a small amount and massage it gently into the skin. Don’t use any cream after applying the oil.
Leave it on overnight, if you don’t want to leave it overnight, gently wash the face with plain water without any soap, pat dry and go to bed.
- If the leaves are not tender, you will not be able to grind it to a fine paste.
- Use only organic turmeric.
- If you don’t want to make your own turmeric paste, use organic turmeric powder.
- Use this daily for a few days and once the flare up reduces, gradually reduce it to weekly once or twice.
- I prefer equal quantities of homemade coconut oil and neem oil, as I can tolerate the neem smell.
- Start with 1/4 tsp for every 2 tbsp of coconut oil and slowly increase it to equal quantity of both oils.