What Is Rice Water?
Types Of Rice Water:
- There are actually two types of rice water. The first is the water in which the rice was used to soak before cooking. It is also called rice water and it will be slightly cloudy as rice releases little bit of it’s starch in it.
- The second is boiled rice water got when we drain the water after the rice is cooked. I prefer the boiled rice water as it is more creamy and thicker.
Rice Water Hair Benefits:
1. Rice Water For Hair Growth:
2. Rice Water For Split Ends:
3. Makes Hair Super Shiny & Glossy:
4. Rice Water Repairs Damaged Hair:
5. Strengthen Hair Roots:
6. Treats Dandruff:
7. Natural Hair Conditioner:
8. Arrests Hair Fall:
What Is Fermented Rice Water?
When we leave the rice water to ferment, it is called fermented rice water. Both types of rice water I mentioned can be left to ferment for a day and then can be used for hair care.
Fermenting the rice water increase the nutrient profile of rice water which in turn helps nourish our hair follicles even better. It also brings down the pH level of the rice water almost close to that of our scalp which makes it very effective.
Fermented rice water also contains pitera which is a natural by product of fermentation. Pitera has amazing hair and skin benefits and greatly helps protect the hair. You can use any type of rice to make rice water, I prefer hand pounded rice…..
A. How To Make Rice Water For Hair Growth – 3 Top Ways!
1. How To Make Plain Rice Water For Hair Growth:
Soak 1/4 cup of hand pounded rice in a cup of water for 30 minutes and then strain out the liquid. Your simple rice water is ready.
2. How To Make Boiled Rice Water For Hair Growth:
After soaking a cup of rice for 15 minutes, boil it in 5 cups of water till the rice is cooked fully. Cover with a lid and then strain out the rice water.
3. How To Make Fermented Rice Water For Hair Growth:
To make fermented rice water let the rice water ferment by leaving it at room temperature for a day. If you live in a cold place, you can let it ferment for 2 days. Once fermented you can store the rice water in a glass bottle in the fridge and use it for a week.
B. How To Use Rice Water For Hair Growth – 3 Top Ways !
1. Rice Water Hair Pack:
Take 1 tbsp of amla powder in a bowl. Add in enough fermented rice water to form a paste and apply as a hair pack. Wait for 15 minutes and then wash it off. This hair pack has multiple hair benefits, it treats dandruff, strengthens hair roots and arrests hair fall immediately.
2. Rice Water Shampoo:
To make rice water shampoo, take 2 tbsp of shaikai powder in a bowl. Add in enough rice water to form a paste and use it for washing your hair. This shampoo is all natural and cleans the hair really well.
3. Rice Water Hair Rinse:
Rice water hair rinse is one of the best ways to use rice water to bring shine to otherwise dull hair. To use rice water as a hair rinse, take rice water and pour over hair after using shampoo. Rinse with water once more and you will be amazed how glossy and shiny your hair is.