Pomegranate juice has amazing skin, hair and health benefits and all of us will greatly benefit drinking it daily. My grandma passed away 2 weeks back, she was like my closest friend and I miss her a lot every single moment. I wanted to write about pomegranate juice because she was consuming it regularly for many many years. I have never seen her miss pomegranate juice even a single day. She had a very good complexion and though genetics is the main reason, I think pomegranate juice also played a part. Many nutritionists recommend us to eat the whole fruit instead of juicing it because we are missing out on the fiber in the fruit, my grandma used to grind the seeds finely and drink it without straining it. Pomegranate juice is called anar juice in Hindi and madhulam palam juice in Tamil.
Pomegranate Juice Health Benefits:
1. Pomegranate Juice for Skin:
Pomegranates are rich in antioxidants and regularly consuming pomegranate juice prevents skin aging and also prevents hair fall. You can also apply the juice directly on the face too.
2. Pomegranate Juice For Diabetics:
Pomegranate juice also can be consumed by diabetic patients without straining the juice. But try to use our local pomegranates which are not too sweet (the seeds will be pale pink in color).
3. Pomegranate Juice For Prostate Cancer:
In a study conducted in men, daily consumption of pomegranate juice slowed down the progression of prostate cancer noticeably.
4. Pomegranate Juice For Constipation:
Pomegranates are full of fiber and drinking it along with the seeds helps constipation and people who are suffering from piles can also try pomegranate juice.
5. Pomegranate Juice For Weight loss:
Like all natural juices, pomegranate juice can be included in the weight loss plan as it is full of nutrients.
6. Pomegranate Juice For Babies:
Pomegranate juice can be given to young babies from 6 to 7 months on ward’s but make sure not to add sugar to the juice and also strain the juice before giving them.
7. Pomegranate Juice For Fever:
Pomegranate juice is very good for quenching the thirst experienced by patients during fever. It is also very good for convalescents as it helps to regain the lost health.
8. Pomegranate Juice For Uti:
Drinking pomegranate juice which is high in antioxidants can fight off infections. Drinking plenty of fluids is very important when you are suffering from uti and pomegranate juice is especially good.
9. Pomegranate Juice for Fertility:
Pomegranate juice has always been considered as a fruit that boosts fertility both in men and women.
10. Pomegranate Juice for Immunity:
Pomegranate juice improves the general immunity and helps prevent us from getting cold, cough and fevers often.
Pomegranate juice Side Effects:
While planning to drink pomegranate juice on a daily basis, please mention it to your physician if you are on any medications as it might interfere with certain medications. You can just grind the seeds as it is with water and drink but I like to spice it up a bit and the recipe given below for making pomegranate juice is my favorite….
How To Make Pomegranate Juice?
1. Cut the pomegranate in half and remove the seeds.
2. Take black salt, regular salt and palm candy..
3. Grind all the three ingredients into a fine powder in a blender
4. Add the pomegranate seeds along with little water and grind finely. For children, if they don’t want it with seeds, strain and add few drops of lemon juice.
- This juice is best had when fresh..
- This recipe is also a very good home remedy for indigestion.
- This recipe is also a perfect appetizer as it stimulates the appetite.
- Don’t add too much of black salt, the juice will not taste good.