have been waiting to post this bath powder/ ubtan recipe for quite some time, but
the climate did not cooperate, as you need bright sunlight to make this
powder. There is a reason this powder has been used as a bath powder for ages. This bath powder does not strip the skin of the natural oils and regular use prevents black heads and softens the skin. But this powder will spoil easily, if the green gram and vetiver is not sun dried till crisp. I prefer to make small batches of this powder. This bath powder cleanses well and it can be made into a paste with water and used as a face scrub too. During winter season, mix the green gram powder with milk or yogurt and use. To make this powder, sun dry green gram dal and vetiver in bright sunlight till they get very crisp. Powder it finely in a mixer. Vetiver is very aromatic, so use just little to make this powder. Both vetiver and green gram powder are very cooling. This powder is excellent for small babies as it does not have any chemicals. Keep the left over powder in an air tight box away from moisture.
1. This is vetiver root. The root is dried and sold in the markets.
2. Take green gram dal and vetiver in a plate and sun dry till very crisp.
2. Powder it till the mixture is very fine in a mixer.
3. To use, take the requires amount of powder and mix it with water to form a paste. During winter season, mix it with yogurt or milk.
- Sun dry it till the ingredients are crisp, else you will not be able to powder it finely.
- Vetiver gives a nice smell and acts as a natural body coolant, so try not to skip it.