Turmeric tea has many health benefits and is one of the best ways to consume turmeric for treating many illnesses and it is truly an all purpose medicine. It can be used for treating inflammation, internal wounds, ulcers, fever and to increase immunity. One of my nieces shared her experience with me after drinking turmeric tea.
A few weeks back she had severe knee pain and since she was having her exams, she didn’t have the time to visit a doctor. She tried turmeric tea as she had heard about it a lot. When she spoke to me about her experience, she was all praises for turmeric tea because she said it was like magic to see her pain reduce considerably.
This magic effect of turmeric is due to it’s wonderful anti inflammatory properties. I have been using turmeric extensively for many years now but I am still in awe with this wonderful spice. I am so in love with turmeric that I have never been without turmeric in my house.
Turmeric Tea Health Benefits:
1. Turmeric Tea For Acne:
Drinking turmeric tea helps people suffering from acne and especially, if you are suffering from acne flare up that is very painful, try drinking turmeric tea without fail along with applying turmeric face pack
. It will greatly reduce the inflammation and give very quick relief.
2. For Cold, Cough & Sore Throat:
Using turmeric tea for treating cold and cough is a remedy that has been done for many years and it is so very famous here in India. It is such a common remedy that even children in most of the homes will be very familiar with it. Especially, the turmeric tea recipe given below treats all cold treated problems very well. For children decrease the quantity of peppercorns in the recipe.
3. For Weight Loss:
done on 1604 individuals showed that turmeric intake greatly helped reduce the excess weight. If you research about the weight loss aspect of turmeric you will be able to find numerous scientific articles regarding it. Though we can’t lose our body fat magically without a proper diet plan and exercise, certain spices aids weight loss and turmeric has been proven to do that.
4. Turmeric Tea For Pain:
Turmeric has got powerful anti inflammatory properties, if you are suffering from any kind of inflammation or body pain like back pain, arthritis, internal wounds or ulcers consider drinking this tea. This tea has got both ginger and turmeric, both very powerful anti inflammatory spices which will heal the body very soon.
5. For Improving Immunity:
There is no doubt that turmeric increases immunity. It is said to prevent cancer, Alzheimers, liver diseases and high cholesterol. The recipe given below is my favorite way of making turmeric tea. I have used fresh turmeric root but you can make this tea with organic, pure turmeric powder too. Once you try this tea as a remedy, you will never stop making this tea, it is that effective.
Side Effects of Turmeric Tea:
If planning to take it daily, please keep in mind that turmeric tea might interfere with certain medications and especially, if you are due for a major surgery please mention it to your physician without fail and don’t go above 8 gms of turmeric per day as it has only been proven to been to safe up to that amount.
How To Make Turmeric Tea With Ginger & Honey At Home:
1. If you are using fresh turmeric, try soaking it in water for at least half an hour to remove all the dirt. Peel the outer skin and cut it into slices. Fresh turmeric stains more so wear gloves if you don’t want the stain in your hands.
2. Take the turmeric root, ginger, palm candy, peppercorns and cardamom seeds.
3. Pound all of them together coarsely in a mortar and pestle.
4. Boil a cup of water and once it comes to boil, add the pounded ingredients and boil for a few minutes.
5. If you are planning on taking this tea before bed time, grate nutmeg into it and then strain.
- If you want to add milk and drink it as a comforting drink, add it after straining.
- While using it as a remedy for treating phlegm and indigestion, don’t add milk.
- I have used palm candy as it is very nutritious but if you don’t have it at home, substitute it with honey. Add it after straining the tea.
- This remedy is also very good for indigestion.