I am sure many of you are rose fans, just like me. I love anything that is made with fresh roses and this rose oil recipe with dried rose petals is no exception. Regular readers of this blog will know that I use rose essential oil in all my homemade stuff. I love the fresh smell and the feel of this rose oil on my skin. This rose oil can be made in a matter of minutes, provided you have fresh, pesticide free roses.
I always use “Paneer” variety roses for all my preparations and I would strongly recommend it for it’s beautiful fresh smell that no other roses can compete. This homemade rose oil has multiple uses. It can double up as a moisturizer and a massage oil and it is very cheap to make it too. Applying this rose oil on the face keeps the skin supple and smooth. Massaging the scalp with this oil, strengthens the hair roots.
Besides the external uses, the fresh rose smell has a very calming effect on our mind. To make rose oil at home, collect fresh rose flowers, separate the petals and sun dry till completely dry. Now in a glass bottle, add the dried rose petals and then fill it with oil of your choice. I used almond oil, but you can choose from extra virgin olive oil, sweet almond oil, etc. Tightly cap the bottle and let the oil infuse in the rose petals for a week in your pantry.
After 2 weeks, strain the oil and add few drops of rose essential oil. If you want a quicker version, keep it under direct sunlight for 2 to 3 days and then add the rose essential oil. This homemade rose oil can be used in lotions, toners too. To use take a few drops of oil and massage it in your skin immediately after your bath and with regular use you will find good change in your skin tone.
How To Make Rose Oil at Home:
1. Separate the petals from the roses and sun dry them spread on a plate.
2. The petals should be completely dry. You can make homemade rose oil whenever you want, if you have dries rose petals at home.
3. Take the dried rose petals in a glass bottle and pour almond oil on top of it till the rose petals are completely covered.
4. Keep the bottle under the hot sun for few hours and then wait for it to come to room temperature and add few drops of rose essential oil.
- I prefer to keep the oil under direct sunlight.
- I have added rose essential oil, but you can skip it, if you don’t have it at home.