This homemade apple cider vinegar face mask has many skin benefits. This mask is especially useful for people who are suffering from sensitive and acne prone skin. I have a normal skin and every face pack agrees with me, so I have never thought about face packs for people with acne prone, sensitive skin. But one of my friends, who has a very sensitive skin always complains that she cannot use any face packs on her skin.
When I was searching for recipes for acne prone skin, I found that apple cider based face masks does wonders for acne, so I tried it with white clay, fresh apple puree, apple cider vinegar and dried herbs. As you can see, all these ingredients are very good for preventing acne but are very gentle on the skin. Apple cider vinegar is amazing in preventing break outs, but if you have a very sensitive skin, it is hard to use apple cider mask directly on the skin.
But when combined together like in this mask with other acne preventing natural ingredients, it greatly prevents acne without any skin irritation. White clay | kaolin| china clay is the mildest of all natural clays and is perfect for drawing out impurities from the skin gently. It comes in different shades and you can use the one that you get, but make sure it is of cosmetic grade.
You can easily order it through online herb shops and is not very expensive. Apple puree is wonderful in bringing back lost shine to dull skin and tulsi leaves treats and prevents acne break outs very effectively. To make the mask, peel the skin of an apple and grind to a smooth puree along with apple cider vinegar. Now add the white clay to the pureed apple and mix to form a smooth thick paste.
I used tulsi leaves that I dried at home in the mask, but you can use any dried herb that suits your skin and that you like. To use, wash and dry your face and then apply the face pack. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and wash it off with a mild soap or a homemade bath powder. I like dried tulsi leaves in the pack as it is treats and prevents skin infections and it is also good for sensitive skin. You can also try herbs like dried neem, rosemary, but make sure to crush them finely before adding them to the mask.
Apple Cider Vinegar Face Pack:
1. This is white cosmetic clay and you get it in different shades of white, yellow or pink depending on the elements it found along in nature. I used white color clay for making the mask.
2. Crush the herbs in a mortar and pestle to a fine powder. I used only dried tulsi leaves but you can use any herb combination that you like. But try to use herbs that help prevent acne.
3. Add the crushed herbs to the apple cider vinegar in a bowl and mix well.
3. Peel an apple and cut it into small pieces. Grind the apple to a smooth paste with the apple cider vinegar and herb mixture. The paste should neither be too thick nor very thin. To use, wash and dry your face and apply this face mask. Wait for 15 minutes before washing it off.
- Try using organic apples for making this face mask.
- The herbs should be crushed finely before adding it to the mask