sensation in the body are some of the symptoms) this natural gum will
work well to get rid of it. 2. It helps cure stomach burns and also heals stomach ulcers. 3. It is a good home remedy for dysentery (when had alone) and is said to have cholesterol lowering properties. I make a healthy cooling drink at home with badam pisin which is a very good home remedy for ulcers and stomach burn. It is also free of colors and additives and can be given to young children very safely. This drink also can be served as a dessert especially after serving spicy foods, it will greatly prevent heartburn and acidity. But please don’t over consume this badam pisin on a daily basis as it might prevent nutrient absorption…..
1. Soak badam pisin in a cup of water for 24 hours. One small piece will yield a cup of jelly, it swells up really well. I also find that soaking for 24 hours gets it completely softened and of perfect texture.
2. Soak basil seeds | sabja seeds in hot water for 15 minutes and strain. In the serving bowl, add the swollen sabja seeds. You can read about sabja seeds here.
3. Top it up with homemade gulkand | rose petal jam. I have a recipe for it here.
4. Add the rose syrup, I used homemade rose syrup using pesticide free rose petals.
5. Add chilled whole milk on top, I used organic grass fed milk from our farm.
6. Top it up with softened badam pisin. Your delicious drink is ready!
- This drink tastes absolutely delicious and is very very effective in easing stomach burn.
- The amount of each ingredient to be used is individual preference, add more of the ingredients you like.
- For children, milk can be thickened a bit before adding by heating it in low flame for a few minutes. It will make the drink thicker and creamier.
- This drink is best had during summer and please don’t over consume badam pisin on a daily basis.
- Since no color is added to any of the ingredients used, the mixture is white in color..
- For children, you can also serve the soaked and chilled badam pisin jelly topped up with just homemade rose syrup.