This homemade natural deworming tablets are very very effective. I am sure many South Indians must have heard or used this remedy for deworming naturally. This remedy was so common for deworming few years back, but nowadays no one uses this method.
Last week, when I was reading research papers on neem, I was surprised because they had done a study on the effect of neem for deworming and it has been clearly been proven that neem is one of the cheapest, best and natural dewomers for both humans and live stock. I was surprised because science is proving what our elders have known for years and this method of deworming has been practiced for years.
It is a good idea to deworm regularly with natural medicines and this deworming medicine can be used for both adults and children. The main problem with deworming is we tend to forget the date, so I use a simple reminder for deworming – my son’s quarterly, half yearly and final exam holidays are the times that I remind myself to deworm.
What Is Natural Deworming Pills?
It is a pill made of tender neem leaves, dry ginger, carom seeds and crystal salt (kal uppu in Tamil). In some homes, they only use the neem leaves and the salt. We call homemade pills kulikaikal in Tamil and usually different herbs are dried, powdered and made into pills.
These pills are very effective and usually they are made during summer months, as we need plenty of sunlight to dry these pills. Since they are made of neem leaves, these deworming pills are very bitter, but they are very very effective in deworming.
Natural Deworming Pills Benefits:
This dewormer is very effective in killing the intestinal worms very effectively. The only problem is the bitterness of the neem, for that we use different tactics to make it easier to swallow the medicine. Inserting the medicine in a ripe banana is one good way to swallow this deworming medicine.
This medicine (usually 3 pills) has to be taken on an empty stomach. These pills are easy to make and I prefer to make it fresh each time, I use it for the family. Try to use tender neem leaves for making this medicine, as the bitterness is less and it is also easier to grind it smoothly.
Dry ginger and carom seeds are also best ingredients for rectifying all the problems of the stomach. I prefer using all these four ingredients for making this deworming medicine, as I think it makes it even more effective, but if you want you can also use only the neem and salt. Also try to sun dry it well, so it is easier to swallow. Make the pills the size of green peas, so it will be easier and quicker to sun dry and swallow.
Natural Deworming Medicine Recipe:
1. Collect fresh tender neem leaves, wash to remove any dirt and take it along with crystal salt in a mixer.
2 Add a small piece of dry ginger (sukku in Tamil) and carom seeds to it. You can also dry grind the dry ginger, carom seeds and salt first to make it into a powder and then add neem leaves and grind to a smooth paste.
3. Grind to a smooth paste, if you want you can add tiny little amount of boiled water to make it easier to grind. Traditionally ammikal was used to grind this to a smooth paste.
3. Make equal sized rounds, the size of green peas and arrange it in a plate.
4. Sun dry till crisp. Once dry, take three pills on an empty stomach.
- Try to swallow it like regular pills, but if you are finding it very difficult, insert it in a tiny piece of banana and swallow it.
- Try to use very little water for grinding, else it will be hard to make rounds.
- Always try to dry it in bright sunlight, to make it dry properly.
- In the picture, the pills look larger, but they are actually smaller in size.