Avarampoo powder also called avaram poo powder is wonderful for skin care and here in our village we start using it for skin care from a very early age. Regular use helps keeps the skin blemish free and spotless. We mainly use it in the form of bath powder but if you don’t want to use it as a bath powder, you can try the face packs given below, they help treat almost all the skin problems. Choose one of the face packs given and use it regularly at least weekly twice to see good results.
What Is Avarampoo Powder?
Avarampoo powder is the powder of avarampoo flowers. Avaram poo is the Tamil name of the plant and Senna auriculata is the botanical name. Avarampoo grows wildly everywhere in Tamil Nadu and usually it is found plenty near the river beds. There is a small stream flowing in the middle of our farm and I love to go for walks there and there are always plenty of avarmpoo near the stream. It is very serene there especially when the water is flowing. I love to look at the avarampoo flowers and usually they are in full bloom throughout the year.
Avarampoo flowers are very cooling and both the leaves and flowers are used extensively in skin care. I have heard my grandma say that in her younger days, avarampoo was used for skin care almost daily in the form of bath powder but sadly the usage is decreasing now. Avarampoo helps cool down the body and since India is a very hot country, herbs that cooled the body were treasured and used very often in day to day life.
If you are living in a city where you can’t find avarampoo, try visiting a village near by, I am sure you will find plenty of avarampoo there. Dry avarampoo very well and you can store and use it for a long time. Avarampoo is wonderful for using in external application as it treats many skin problems. It keeps the skin from infections and the best way to use it for external application is by including it in face packs.
Avarampoo Skin Care Benefits:
- Avarampoo has antimicrobial properties so it helps treat all skin infections very well.
- Avarampoo powder reduces inflammation so if you are suffering from skin inflammation apply the avaram poo and neem paste given below in that area for a few days regularly.
- Avaram poo has antioxidant properties so both consuming it and using it externally will help fight off free radicals which are the major cause of premature aging of our skin.
- Avarampoo if used as a bath powder or as a face pack helps lighten scars and blemishes very well. But we have to be regular with using it to see results.
- Avarampoo also helps remove sun tan and has a protective effect on our skin.
- It is very gentle on the skin and can be used by people of all skin types. Traditionally we always include aavaram poo in babies bath powder too.
- The water extract of avarampoo can be used as a wound wash and it helps heal wounds faster.
How To Make Aavaram poo Powder?
To make avarampoo powder, collect fresh avarampoo, wash well to get rid of any dirt and spread it on a cloth to remove excess moisture. Once the excess moisture has been removed, spread it on a plate and sundry till crisp. While it is still crisp from sun drying, powder it in a dry mixer, sieve and then store. This powder will last well at room temperature for a few weeks but make sure to keep it away from moisture.
Avarampoo Powder For Skin Care: 5 Top Avarampoo Powder Face Packs
1. Avarampoo and Gram Flour Face Pack
Take equal quantities of avarampoo and gram flour in a bowl. Add in curd to form a paste and use it is a face pack. This pack is ideal for dry skin. This pack treats dark spots and sun tan well.
2. Avaram Poo and Sandalwood Face Pack.
Take equal quantities of avarampoo and sandalwood powder in a bowl. Add in rice water to form into a paste. Apply this pack all over the face and neck, wait for it to dry and then wash it off. This pack treats scars and blemishes very well.
3. Avarampoo and Turmeric Face Pack
For making this face pack, take 2 teaspoons of avarampoo powder in a bowl. Add in half teaspoon of turmeric powder to it. Add in rice water to form into a smooth paste and apply as a face pack. This pack treats acne very very effectively.
4. Avarampoo and Neem Face Pack
Take equal quantities of avarampoo powder and neem powder in a bowl. Add in rose water to form into a smooth paste and apply as a face pack. This pack is ideal for oily skin.
5. Avarampoo Powder and Licorice Face Pack
For this face pack, take 2 teaspoons of avarampoo powder in a bowl. Add in a teaspoon of licorice powder too. Finally add in enough rose water to form into a smooth paste and apply as a face pack. This pack helps even out the skin very very quickly.