I had some orange peel powder left in my pantry and I was wondering what to do with it. I saw this recipe for orange peel face mask in one of my beauty recipe books and gave it a try. It was very easy to make and it left my face soft and clean. This pack is perfect for normal to oily skin and it is great for preventing acne.
This mask has got multani mitti commonly called fullers earth in English, fresh orange juice, orange peel powder and orange essential oil. I have to say, this pack smells so refreshing because of the uplifting smell of orange peel powder and orange essential oil. Next time you buy oranges, make sure to buy organic oranges that are not wax coated.
After eating the oranges, remove the pith, sun dry completely till crisp and powder it finely in a dry mixer. Store it in an airtight box and you can use this powder for a long time, but make sure to sun dry well. Orange peel powder treats dark circles, prevents acne and pigmentation. Multani mitti is an wonderful ingredient to remove the oiliness and black heads from the skin effectively and it also dries to a firm mask in the skin.
I just got orange essential oil last week and I strongly recommend this essential oil to everyone, as even a sniff of this amazing essential oil invigorates and refreshes us. But always use essential oils with base oils or like in this face pack. To make the face pack, take orange peel powder and multanimitti in a bowl, add freshly squeezed orange juice to it to make a thick paste.
Now add the few drops of orange essential oil, the consistency should be neither too thick nor too thin and we should be able to spread it on the face easily. This face mask thickens into a thick coat on the face. Once the mask is dry wash it off, you will find your skin considerably softer and smoother. When buying multani mitti, make sure to buy very good quality multani mitti from reputed shops, that has a clean fresh smell and store it in an airtight jar.
How To Make Orange Peel Face Pack At Home:
1. Peel the skin of oranges that are not wax coated and sun dry them till crisp.
2. Powder it in the mixer, when the peels are still crisp from sun drying.
3. Mix orange peel powder and multani mitti powder in a bowl.
4. Add few drops of pure orange essential oil to the pack.
5. Now add enough freshly squeezed orange juice to get a thick paste. To use, apply this paste all over the clean face, wait for it dry and then wash it off.
- The orange peel powder should be smooth, else the face pack will be grainy.
- To grind the peels to fine powder, always grind the peels immediately after sun drying.
- Use only organic oranges for making the powder.
- This pack can be used even weekly twice and it is best made fresh each time.