What Is A Toner?
Toners are generally used after cleansing the face and it helps to restore the pH balance of the skin which is usually affected when we use harsh cleansers on our face. Our skin has a pH level of about 5.5 but most cleansers have a higher pH levels which causes skin drying. To bring down the pH level, toners are generally used after cleansing.
Toners can be made of many ingredients but in general it is best to avoid alcohol based toners or highly fragrant toners that have synthetic fragrances as it might irritate the skin. You can buy toners easily from the shops but I would suggest you make your own toner for 2 reasons.
One is the cost, you can easily make pure homemade toners easily for the fractions of the cost of a store bought toner and the second reason is the long list of chemicals in the store bought toners, you can easily make a equally effective toner without any of those chemicals. Apple cider vinegar toner is one of the best homemade toners that we can make at home.
Apple Cider Vinegar Skin Benefits:
- It lightens dark spots very very effectively.
- Apple cider vinegar toner helps to shrink open pores
- Helps to bring down the pH level of the skin
- It helps even out the skin tone and it is also very good for rosacea.
- It also greatly reduce acne flare ups.
How To Make Apple Cider Vinegar Toner?
1. This toner requires only these 3 ingredients: apple cider vinegar, green tea leaves and tea tree essential oil.
2. Make double strength green tea by boiling water and pouring it over green tea leaves. Let it steep and strain.
3. Mix the apple cider vinegar, the cooled green tea and the tea tree essential oil.
4. Store it in a glass bottle in the refrigerator. To use, after cleansing your face, apply this toner all over the face using a small piece of cotton, let it dry on the face and then apply a moisturizer.
- You can store this toner in the refrigerator for about a month.
- The recipe given is for normal skin and the ratio for apple cider vinegar to green tea is 1: 2
- For very sensitive skin increase the green tea in the recipe.
- If you want the toner to smell good, you can add other essential oils too…
Hi ramya why r u using tea tree oil ? Can i just use green tea and apple cider instead.
Tea tree oil has powerful anti microbial and anti inflammatory properties which greatly helps treat all skin related problems but if you don't have it at home, then you can make this apple cider vinegar toner recipe with just green tea and apple cider vinegar…
hi ramya,could you please suggest a good apple cider vinegar available in the marketand also the brand for tea tree oil.thank you
Try Bragg's organic apple cider vinegar, we get it in all departmental stores now. I use satinance tea tree oil now and it is good…
If I decide to not leave in the fridge? Can?
You can leave it out for 2 to 3 days but if you want longer shelf life I would suggest leaving it in the refrigerator…
I have been reading about this toner in few other blogs as well…i will surely give a try 🙂 Thanks Ramya
apple cider vineger means whats. it is organic ?
Apple cider vinegar is a type of vinegar made from apples.