person who ventures out into the hot sun a lot. There is a simple home
remedy for oily scalp and hair fall, it is a homemade green tea hair rinse made with green tea and
fresh lemons. I love homemade hair rinses for two reasons: They don’t
have any chemicals in them and are usually very effective than a store
bought one and they are really
inexpensive to make. You can make a bottle of hair rinse for a fraction
of the amount of a commercial product. Using green tea both internally
and externally arrests hair fall and stimulates hair growth. I have
always preferred the traditional Indian chai (tea) over green tea because of the slightly bitter taste of the green tea. But
nowadays I try to consume green tea at least weekly once and I have started using it for my external applications too. But try to get good quality organic green tea for best results. Since my son is studying in a hill station, I always get it from there. In India, we get a variety of green tea only in hill stations, so if you go on a holiday to any hill stations in India, go green tea shopping. To make this hair rinse take a fresh lemon and grate the zest. Boil water in a pan along with the zest, once it comes to a boil, add the green tea leaves and switch off. Let it cool and add the lemon juice, strain and use it as a hair rinse. This simple homemade green tea hair rinse stimulates hair growth and controls hair loss. Strain the rinse before adding the lemon juice and essential oil. To
use, pour it over freshly shampooed and conditioned hair. You can rinse
your hair after using it or leave as in. When using the rinse, make sure that every part of the scalp is covered with the hair rinse. If you have lemon essential oil at home, add a few drops of it to the rinse to make it even more effective, as citrus essential oils effectively prevents dandruff and stops hair fall.
1. Grate the zest of a fresh lemon.
2. Boil water in a pan along with the grated lemon zest. Once it starts boiling, add the green tea leaves and switch off.
3. Let it cool to lukewarm temperature. Now add in the lemon juice and lemon essential oil. Your homemade hair rinse is ready!
- I used tea leaves, but you can use tea bags too.
- Use the juice of half the lime for this recipe.
- Along with external application, drink green tea to stop hair fall.
- You can use any good quality citrus essential oil for making the rinse.