Tips To Reduce Belly Fat After Pregnancy:
- Following the remedies given below will help speed up the process of belly fat reduction after pregnancy. These remedies can be followed while breast feeding also.
- When I delivered my son, though I was keen to get back in shape, I never let it stress me. I just followed the simple remedies that was followed in our village for many years and slowly I lost belly fat and got back to my original shape.
- Please be patient with yourself, already your body is going through a lot of stress due to the demanding schedule of a newborn child. If you are not patient, you will start cutting down on calories drastically to lose belly fat quickly.
- Though it is bad for anyone to cut calories drastically, it is especially worse when done after delivery. We lose lot of muscle not body fat when we cut calories drastically and breast milk also will reduce considerably.
- Stress is also an another factor, when we are stressed, the stress hormone cortisol will be elevated which will hinder fat loss. So try your best to keep your self relaxed and catch up on the lost sleep whenever your baby is sleeping.
- Try to eat nutritious home cooked food along with the garlic soup I have mentioned below. Try to reduce your stress levels by resting whenever you can and do the exercises I have mentioned daily and you will start seeing results soon.
How I lost Belly Fat After My Delivery While Breast Feeding?
After delivery, my doctor taught me the exercises mentioned below and they helped me a lot to get back to my original shape. I had normal delivery and I started doing the exercises given six weeks after delivery.
I was having the garlic soup mentioned below almost everyday, it helped both with increasing breast milk and also to get rid of unwanted belly fat.
I also breast fed my son for more than an year, breast feeding is very beneficial in getting back in shape and it also the best thing we can do for our child so I would highly recommend breast feeding as long as you can.
10 Top Exercises & Tips To Reduce Belly Fat After Pregnancy:
1. Breast Feeding For Reducing Belly Fat:
Breast feeding is not only good for the baby, it is good for reducing belly fat too. Breast feeding helps shrink our uterus and greatly helps reduce belly fat. It also burns 400 to 500 calories per day which is a huge plus.
Try to breastfeed for at least a year, it will benefit both the baby and yourself. You can find effective remedies to increase breast milk here.
2. Garlic Soup For Reducing Belly Fat:
My mom used to give me garlic soup every day after delivery. It helps increase breast milk and also reduces belly fat. To make garlic soup, pound 1/4 tsp each of cumin seeds and black pepper corns coarsely in a mortar and pestle.
Now heat 1/4 tsp of unrefined sesame oil in a pan. Add finely cut garlic to the pan and fry for few seconds. Now add the pounded cumin and black pepper and fry for few seconds.
Finely add a cup of boiled toor dhal water got by boiling 1 tbsp of toor dhal with 1 cup of water and 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder till mushy. Boil for 5 minutes with required amount of salt and switch off. Drink it everyday for best results.
3. Postpartum Belly Wrap:
Generally after child birth, we apply herbal warps followed by a gentle massage to tone the stomach muscles. For the herbal wrap, boil a liter of water with herbs of your choice for 5 minutes till the water is infused with the herbs and strain.
Use herbs that heal, stimulate and cleanse. I have used ginger and lemon grass pounded well together. To use, dip a tick cotton cloth in the herb infused water, squeeze out excess and place it on the stomach for 15 minutes or till the cloth looses it’s heat.
4. Massage For Losing Belly Fat:
Massaging with pure plant based oils, helps reduce belly fat very fast. It is especially useful, if done after applying the belly wrap. Generally we use unrefined oils like sesame oil or coconut oil for massage.
But I like to mix equal quantities of virgin coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil along with the contents of 1 vitamin e oil mixed together for massage. Try to do the belly wrap followed by the massage at least weekly twice or thrice for best results.
5. Reduce Stress & Relax:
I know it will be hard to relax with a new born baby. In our village it is a custom to visit the newborn baby so we will be having visitors throughout the day for the first few months which makes it extremely hard to get some time to ourselves.
But I made sure to spend some time for myself, everyday evening I used to take a short walk around the farm. This relaxed me and kept me energized the rest of the day. Even if it is for 15 minutes, take some time for yourself and do the thing you love, it will help you relax.
6. Eat Home Cooked Nutritious Meals:
This is very very important if you want to lose belly fat and also breast feed your child. Eating fresh home cooked meals will ensure that you get all the nutrients while breast feeding and this will go a long way in preventing many problems like hair fall which many women face after delivery.
Usually home cooked meals are low in fat and high in fiber and nutrients so it will keep us satiated for a long time. Try your best not to eat prepackaged foods and highly processed foods at all.
Exercises I did For Losing Belly Fat:
These were the three exercises my doctor taught me to firm and lose belly fat quickly. My friend agreed to demonstrate the exercises for me :). Though I have given a certain number of sets to do for each exercise, start with the number of repetitions you are comfortable with…
7. Leg Raises For Losing Belly Fat:
Lie on your back with your legs straight and together. Now slowly lift the legs together as much as you can. Hold for few seconds and then slowly bring the legs back to the ground. Do three sets of five.
8. Crunches For Losing Belly Fat:
Lie flat and place your hands behind the head. Now slowly curl forward, hold for few seconds and come back to the original position. When doing crunches, never pull your neck forward. Try to do three sets of ten.
9. Plank For Belly Fat Loss:
To do plank, get into push up position. Bend your elbows 90 degrees and rest your weight on your forearms. The elbows should be beneath the shoulders and the body should form a straight line. Hold this position as long as you can. Do it three times.
10. Taking In The Stomach While Breast Feeding:
This is an another tip from my grandma, she used to regularly advice me to take in my stomach while feeding. Taking in our stomach helps strengthen the stomach muscles and if we do it each time we feed our baby, it will greatly help strengthen the stomach muscles and help us lose belly fat…