Both garlic and honey on their own have wonderful health benefits but when combined together offers us even more benefits. Both garlic and honey are rich in antioxidants and they help improve immunity. I love garlic and use it my cooking a lot and even when I was pregnant, I was consuming garlic on a daily basis till I stopped breast feeding to improve breast milk supply.
Few months back I read an article explaining the health benefits of consuming raw garlic soaked in honey. I really got very interested because few of my family members consume raw garlic regularly and it is so hard to consume raw garlic and the after smell is also terrible.
When I made this garlic honey at home, I peeled off the garlic cloves completely and let it soak in the honey till completely tender. This did two things, it was so easy to consume as the garlic turned tender and because of the honey it also tasted good compared to eating crunchy raw garlic.
The active ingredient of garlic is allicin and it gets decentralized by heat so eating garlic in it’s raw form is one of the best ways to get all the wonderful benefits it offers. Also crushing garlic lightly before soaking it in honey makes allicin more bio available.
Raw Garlic Soaked in Honey Health Benefits:
1. Garlic Honey For Cold, Cough & Sore Throat:
2. Garlic Honey For High Blood Pressure:
3. Garlic Honey For High Cholesterol:
4. Garlic Honey For Acne:
5. Garlic Honey For Weight Loss:
How Much To Consume?
Garlic & Honey Side Effects:
How To Soak Garlic In Honey:
1. Take the required amount of garlic pods, remove the outer skin and pound it lightly in a mortar and pestle
2. Take the pounded garlic pods in a cup.
3. Add unprocessed raw honey till the pounded garlic are fully immersed.
4. Let it soak for at least 3 to 4 days in which time the garlic pods would have softened. Store in a glass bottle and have it everyday.
- Let it soak till the garlic is fully tender.
- Always pour honey till the garlic pods are fully immersed.
- Store in a glass bottle for best results.