Sukku Coffee | Ginger Coffee | Sukku malli coffee is very famous in my place and has wonderful health benefits. We make ginger coffee in two ways, either with fresh ginger and milk or with dry ginger and coriander seeds. In this recipe, I have used the later, usually for indigestion we use only this recipe.
I love the taste of this ginger coffee and it is really nice to drink this coffee on a cold winter evening. We usually sweeten it with palm jaggery, but you can substitute it with regular jaggery too. Though the recipe says coffee, there is not a pinch of coffee in this. Regular intake of this ginger coffee helps people who are anemic, as palm jaggery is rich in iron.
This coffee is also very easy to prepare. To make it, coriander seeds and dry ginger are pounded together and boiled along with water and palm candy till it reduces in quantity. It is as simple as that. Please don’t use milk in this recipe, it will curdle.
Ginger and coriander seeds in this coffee aids in digestion and palm jaggery helps in treating anemia. Make it a habit of serving ginger coffee along with heavy snacks. It will prevent indigestion and will prevent the bloated feeling in the stomach. Also whenever you have an upset stomach, take a cup of this coffee and you will be better in no time!
Ginger Coffee Health Benefits:
1. Ginger coffee For Indigestion:
2. Ginger Coffee For Anemia:
3. Ginger Coffee For Cold:
How To Make Ginger Coffee At Home?
1. Take the dry ginger and coriander seeds in a mortar and pestle.
2. Pound them coarsely.
3. Break the palm jaggery into small pieces.
4. Take the broken palm jaggery, water, pounded spices into a bowl.
5. Boil every thing together till the raw smell of coriander seeds leaves and the water reduces.
6. Strain the mixture and your ginger coffee is ready!
- If you don’t get palm jaggery, substitute with regular jaggery.
- Don’t pound the spices too finely.