Fresh ginger juice is a refreshingly tasty drink with amazing health benefits and it is so easy to make it at home. Ginger juice is a popular remedy for treating dandruff, cold, cough, periods pain, gas troubles and also for aiding weight loss.
What Is Ginger Juice
We can consume ginger in many forms like as an infusion, tea, etc and ginger juice is an another tasty way to consume ginger. Ginger juice is made by grinding fresh ginger with water and it is usually sweetened with honey, it is also called ginger shot.
Ginger Juice Benefits
- Ginger juice is one of the best home remedies for treating dandruff. To use, mix ginger juice with fenugreek powder and apply as a hair pack.
- You can consume ginger shots when you’re suffering from cold and cough, it is also very effective for treating headaches.
- Ginger juice is very effective for treating indigestion and bloating, just a shot of ginger juice will greatly help treat all digestive problems very fast.
- Ginger juice is an effective remedy for nausea. If you are suffering from nausea due to medications or pregnancy, try a ginger juice shot, it will greatly help.
- Ginger juice is also an effective remedy for periods pain. Consume one ginger shot on days when you experience intense menstrual pain.
- If you are following a weight loss diet plan, try to include a small cup of ginger juice weekly twice or thrice. It will help in weight loss.
- It also helps reduce inflammation and is great for people suffering from inflammatory conditions like arthritis.
- Ginger juice has anti cancer, analgesic, antioxidant properties and it also helps with all the metabolic diseases like diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol.
Ginger Juice Side Effects
Ginger has been used for centuries and is a very safe spice but like with any ingredient too much of ginger juice can cause stomach irritation and heartburn.
How Much Ginger Juice To Consume Per Day?
Usually the recommended dosage is around 4 grams of ginger per day and I would highly recommend making a cup of ginger juice with this amount and not more than that to prevent any side effects.
How To Make Ginger Juice at Home
1. With juicer
Wash the ginger root well to get rid of any dirt and mud. Peel the outer skin using a peeler and add to the juicer directly and extract pure ginger juice. This is concentrated ginger juice and should not be had as such, always mix it with water before consuming. However you can use this concentrated ginger juice in hair packs to treat dandruff.
2. Using A Blender
Wash, peel and cut the ginger into small pieces and take it in a mixer along with a cup of water. Grind till smooth and strain using a fine mesh sieve, you can drink this as it is or sweetened with honey, don’t forget to add in few drops of lemon juice too.
3. Without A Blender and Juicer
Take a fresh ginger root, wash, peel the outer skin and grate using a fine grater. Now take the grated ginger in a piece of thin muslin cloth and squeeze to extract fresh ginger juice. This is also concentrated pure ginger juice and should be consumed only mixed with water.
- Always consume the ginger juice fresh.
- If you consume undiluted ginger juice, it can cause diarrhea and stomach irritation.
- You can store undiluted ginger juice for up to three days in the fridge and for a few weeks in the freezer.
- You can add undiluted ginger juice to smoothies too, blend ripe pineapple with ginger juice and coconut milk in a blender, it will taste heavenly.
- Always try to use fresh ginger to extract the juice else you will not get much juice out of old ginger.