Sandalwood mask is amazingly effective in treating acne and acne scars. Acne is a skin disease that involves oil glands. I read that nearly 70% to 90% of the teenagers all over the world, are affected by acne. Acne, though not such a dreadful disease can leave scars on the face. Acne usually reduces with age, though there are exceptions for it.
I feel more than the physical effects like pimples and scars, the stress caused by it is the worst, as it affects mainly the teenagers. Though there are millions of medicated creams and lotions for acne, almost every cream comes with a side effect. This home remedy for acne is very mild and can be used continuously even for months together, without any side effects.
The ingredients used in this remedy are vetiver and sandal wood. Vetiver is an antiseptic and is very effective in preventing acne. Now vetiver essential oil is getting very popular for it’s wonderful properties. Vetiver is native to India and it’s name is derived from Tamil name “Vettiver”. Sandal wood is very good in diminishing scars left by acne.
Together they make a wonderful treatment for acne. To make this home remedy for acne, Soak dried vetiver in water over night. Next take a sandal wood bark and rub it into a paste with vetiver water. Add few drops of vetiver essential oil and apply on the affected area continuously for best results.
Sandalwood (Chandan) Face Mask / Pack For Acne & Acne Scars
1. This is vetiver. It is dried and sold in the markets.
2. Soak vetiver in little water. Since we are using it for external application, we need a thicker concentrate. Soak a big bunch with little water overnight.
3. The next day, strain the vetiver water. Rub a sandal wood bark on the sandal wood stone along with the soaked vetiver water till you get a thick paste.
4. Add few drops of vetiver essential oil to the paste. Apply it on the affected area. Wash it off, once dry. This sandalwood mask smells very good!
- This paste has to be applied continuously at least for some days, to be effective.
- The left over paste can be refrigerated.
- This paste is very cooling.