If someone asks me to choose one make up item that I completely love, I will choose kajal without a moments hesitation. I love to apply a thick layer of kajal (eyeliner) and some times even for functions, it will be my only makeup. But before I go to sleep, I prefer to completely remove it, no matter how tired I am.
I have tried from plain coconut oil to my son’s massage oil to remove my eye make up. But I really love this simple homemade eye makeup remover that smells of fresh roses to remove eye makeup naturally. I can guarantee that it is 100% safe for your eyes because it is made with pure ingredients. We can never be too careful with what we apply on our eyes and I prefer pure homemade stuff.
This homemade eye makeup remover recipe has got coconut oil, rose water and rose essential oil. We just ground our fresh batch of coconut oil for this years use in cooking and I used that, but you can use virgin coconut oil instead. Coconut oil is an amazing cleanser and is very gentle on the skin. Please try to make your own rose water at home, because store bought ones just contain artificial color and fragrance.
I also used rose essential oil, as it is a very good moisturizer, a natural antiseptic and the beautiful rose smell is also a great relaxant. It also pairs up beautifully with coconut oil and rose water to make a great homemade makeup remover. To make homemade eye makeup remover, first prepare the rose water and then combine it with virgin coconut oil.
Add the rose essential oil and mix it well and your homemade eye makeup remover is ready! Pour into tightly capped small bottles and use. Shake well before each use. To use, take a clean cotton pad, pour a few drops of drops of the makeup remover, after shaking it well. Gently wipe away the eye makeup with the soaked pads, till the makeup is completely removed. Rinse with cold water and pat dry.
Homemade Natural Eye Makeup Remover
1. First make your own rose water at home, with pesticide free roses.
2. Once the rose water is cool, mix the measured out rose water and coconut oil.
3. Add rose essential oil to the mixture and mix well.
4. Pour into individual bottles and use.
- The oils and rose water will separate, so always shake before use.
- The color of this homemade eye makeup remover depends on the color of the roses that you use to make rose water.
- Make small batches and use it within 2 to 3 weeks.
- I like the ratio of the ingredients given, but you can tweak it to suit your preference.