What Is Lemon Water?
Lemon water is nothing but lemon juice infused with water. Though you can drink it plain with add ons, I like to spice it up a bit by adding ginger, honey and a pinch of salt. Usually it is popular as a early morning drink as it is good for our digestive system but you can also drink it in-between meals or as an after meal drink too.
Health Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water:
1. Lemon Water For Digestion:
2. Lemon Water is Hydrating:
Starting the day by drinking water is one advise that I have been hearing from my young age and adding lemon to it only increases the benefits. Drinking water first thing in the morning hydrates our body after 7 to 8 hours of sleep. Drinking plain water in the morning can be difficult for some people, for them adding a bit of lemon and ginger can make it easier to drink.
3. Lemon Water For Liver Detox:
4. Lemon Water Improves Immunity:
5. Reduces Inflammation:
Lemon juice has wonderful anti inflammatory properties and drinking lemon water can prevent and treat inflammations really really well. If you are suffering from any pain or inflammation, drink a warm cup of lemon water without any sweetener added to it.
6. Helps Ward Off Cold:
7. Freshens Our Breath:
8. Lemon Water For Weight Loss:
Drinking adequate amounts of water and keeping our body hydrated can greatly aids in weight loss and lemon water does just that. But it is not a miracle drink that will aid drastic weight loss.
For permanent weight loss, it has to be accompanied with regular exercise and calorie controlled healthy diet. Sweetened lemon water has around 40 calories for every 100 ml and can be included in a diet plan.
9. Lemon Water For Healthy Skin and Hair:
10. Lemon Water Improves Our Mood:
Lemon Water Side Effects:
How To Make Lemon Water At Home: Lemon Water Recipe
1. Wash and grate a small piece of fresh ginger root after peeling off the skin.
2. Wash and then a cut a fresh lemon into thin slices.
3. Take the grated ginger and cut lemon in a bowl, add hot water to it. Mix well with a spoon and let the water infuse. Once the water comes to lukewarm temperature, add honey to taste. Also add a tiny pinch of salt, it will enhance the taste. Your lemon water is ready!
- You can have this lemon water either hot or cold. I like it cold during hot summer months.
- You can make a big batch and store in the refrigerator.
- Here in India, the lemon we get normally is more sharp and acidic, so if you are finding it difficult to drink in the empty stomach, drink only in between meals.