Multani mitti face pack has been used by Indian women for a long time and I love multani mitti in face packs. Multani mitti/ Fuller’s earth is a type of clay that is great for clearing up the blemishes in the face. Multani mitti face pack is beneficial for both oily and dry skin, but we have to add the ingredients accordingly. Multani is either sold as a lump or as a powder. If you got it as a solid piece, powder it and then use it. I got a big lump of good quality multani mitti 2 years back and it got over, just a week back and this time I got multani mitti powder. Instead of buying creams for fairness, try using multani mitti face pack regularly, regular use will lighten the skin tone, giving you a clear and fair skin. Since we are adding vetiver water and turmeric paste, it is also very effective for treating pimples. Vetiver water is made by soaking the vetiver roots in water, vetiver water has a soothing effect on the skin and together with turmeric paste, it treats acne very effectively. Though it takes some time to make this mask, this mask can be stored in the refrigerator and used throughout the week. Mix the multani mitti, turmeric paste and keep it in the refrigerator, to use add the required amount of fresh thick yogurt to get a thick paste. If you have an oily skin, just mix the paste with water and skip the yogurt. Yogurt in the pack is ideal for dry skin. To make the pack, soak vetiver root in water for some time and strain the root. Don’t throw away the root, it can be reused twice or thrice. Rub a turmeric on a coarse stone along with vetiver water to get a thick paste. Now add the turmeric paste to the multani mitti powder and required amount of yogurt to get a thick paste. To use, wash your face well, pat dry and apply the mask all over the face & neck, wait for it to dry and wash it off. Use it regularly, weekly twice to see results.
1. Soak vetiver root in water for at least 2 to 3 hrs and then strain the water. Make sure to get a thick concentrate by adding very little water to a big bunch of vetiver root.
2. Take a rough stone and rub an organic turmeric along with soaked vetiver water to get a smooth paste.
3. This is multani mitti powder. Mix the multani mitti powder, turmeric vetiver paste and thick yogurt to get a smooth paste.
4. To use, apply a thin coat on a clean face and neck, wait for it to dry and then wash it off with homemade bath powder.
- If you have an oily skin, skip the yogurt and use plain boiled water to mix the pack.
- This mask treats and prevents acne, if used regularly.
- If you like, you can add a few drops of vetiver essential oil to make it even more effective.