Multani mitti face pack has been used by Indian women for a long time and I love multani mitti in face packs. Multani mitti/ Fuller’s earth is a type of clay that is great for clearing up the blemishes in the face. Multani mitti face pack is beneficial for both oily and dry skin, but we have to add the ingredients accordingly.
Multani is either sold as a lump or as a powder. If you got it as a solid piece, powder it and then use it. I got a big lump of good quality multani mitti 2 years back and it got over, just a week back and this time I got multani mitti powder.
Multani Mitti Face Pack Benefits:
How To Make Multani Mitti Face Pack:
Though it takes some time to make this mask, this mask can be stored in the refrigerator and used throughout the week. Mix the multani mitti, turmeric paste and keep it in the refrigerator, to use add the required amount of fresh thick yogurt to get a thick paste.
If you have an oily skin, just mix the paste with water and skip the yogurt. Yogurt in the pack is ideal for dry skin. To make the pack, soak vetiver root in water for some time and strain the root. Don’t throw away the root, it can be reused twice or thrice. Rub a turmeric on a coarse stone along with vetiver water to get a thick paste.
Now add the turmeric paste to the multani mitti powder and required amount of yogurt to get a thick paste. To use, wash your face well, pat dry and apply the mask all over the face & neck, wait for it to dry and wash it off. Use it regularly, weekly twice to see results.
1. Soak vetiver root in water for at least 2 to 3 hrs and then strain the water. Make sure to get a thick concentrate by adding very little water to a big bunch of vetiver root.
2. Take a rough stone and rub an organic turmeric along with soaked vetiver water to get a smooth paste.
3. This is multani mitti powder. Mix the multani mitti powder, turmeric vetiver paste and thick yogurt to get a smooth paste.
4. To use, apply a thin coat on a clean face and neck, wait for it to dry and then wash it off with homemade bath powder.
- If you have an oily skin, skip the yogurt and use plain boiled water to mix the pack.
- This mask treats and prevents acne, if used regularly.
- If you like, you can add a few drops of vetiver essential oil to make it even more effective.
Great post, Ramya. I've oily skin and so, I'm avoiding yogurt.
Hi..can u suggest alternative for yogurt?
Hi Vino.. Instead of Yogurt you can use rose water. It helps to soften your skin as well.
Hii..this pack can be used daily or thrice a week?
Hi Vino, You can use this pack weekly twice. Yogurt can be substituted with milk….
Hi Ramya,Any tips to get shine face.
Try any one of the homemade scrub and face pack from the blog regularly. It will prevent blackheads and treat all blemishes, along with it a healthy diet is very important for shiny face..:)
i got fed up with pimples yr.. sab kuch krke dekh liya koi frk ni padta
pls tell me the best thing to get rid of this
Grind neem leaves and turmeric into a paste and apply it as a pack daily. This combination is the best for treating pimples…..
Hello mam,Can you please suggest some home remedies for removing facial & body hair.. Thank you.. 🙂
Try this remedy for body and facial hair removal (copy and paste the url): https://youtu.be/jwbPqblxsgg
can use multanimatti everyday. day y day my face becoming black and unwanted heirs fow heir growth i am useing turmeic but wt can i do use for face black .. comparing my body face become more black
I would suggest not using multani mitti daily, clay masks are a bit drying. I would suggest using this bath powder daily, it can be used daily but will remove unwanted hair and brighten skin tone (copy and paste the link in browser):https://youtu.be/Jba5dRpERnc