I have never tried any chemical treatments on my hair and I have not dyed or lightened my hair even once. So I never thought of trying out any hair lightening recipes. Last week, when I was chatting with one of my friends, she mentioned about this chamomile hair lightener. She said this recipe worked best for lightening her hair and that is all natural. Since it was all natural, I was very interested and asked her to mail the recipe for posting in the blog, so others can use it too. This hair lightener works for all types of hair, only the results may vary depending on the hair type. This chamomile hair lightener has got chamomile tea, lemon juice, cinnamon sticks and olive oil, all things that make it smell great and is perfect for lightening the hair. Chamomile is one of the best natural ingredients to lighten the hair. Many use only lemon to lighten the hair, but using only lemon will damage the hair very soon, so adding other ingredients and a bit of oil to the recipe is a great idea. All these ingredients are best natural hair lighteners and once you use this hair lightener, try to sun dry your hair, as the sun helps to lighten the hair faster. My friend said that she saw results after using it 3 or 4 times, so be patient. To make the chamomile hair lightener, boil water in a pan along with cinnamon sticks and pour over the chamomile tea bags. The chamomile tea should be really strong, now add the lemon juice and add a tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil. Pour this in a spray bottle and spray it all over the hair and dry the hair in the sun. Both the chamomile tea and lemon juice is drying on the hair, so try not to skip the olive oil. But if you don’t want to use the oil, you can deep condition the hair later. My friend said that the results may vary depending on the color of the hair, chemical treatments that has been done on the hair, strength of the chamomile tea and sun drying the hair. This is not an instant method for lightening the hair, but if you are patient enough to use it continuously, this is one of the best methods to lighten the hair safely.
1. Boil the measured water in a pan along with cinnamon sticks till the color of the water changes to light brown.
2. I used individual chamomile tea bags. If you can, try to buy organic chamomile tea.
2. Once it comes to a rolling boil, pour over the chamomile tea bags. Swirl the tea bags around and press with a spoon to get a stronger tea.
3. Add lemon juice and a few drops of extra virgin olive oil till the color of the tea changes to light brown color and strain.
4. Pour it in a spray bottle and spray all over the clean hair and sun dry. Continue using it to see results.
- Left over rinse can be stored in the refrigerator.
- You can also use it as a final hair rinse after hair wash and sun dry your hair.
- If you feel your hair is getting drier, use a deep conditioner later.
- You can also use coconut oil instead of olive oil
- If you don’t strain the liquid using a fine strainer, the spray bottle will get clogged.
- For black hair, it might take a long time to see results. I used it only once and since I didn’t want to lighten my hair, I didn’t repeat it.
- Also try tweaking the recipe to suit your hair type, using these base ingredients