wax heat treatment increases the blood flow, relaxes stiff muscles and softens the skin. This amazing property of paraffin wax has certain uses and benefits: 1. Paraffin Wax For Arthritis: Paraffin
treatment is very useful for people who suffer from rheumatism as it is one of the best methods to apply deep heat to the
affected area. Applying warm compress like mentioned below gives good relief from pain. 2. Paraffin Wax Hand Bath: If you have very dry hands, applying paraffin wax treatment will soften your hands really well. You can either dip your hands in the wax or use a brush to apply the wax like I have shown below. 3. Paraffin Wax For Cracked Heels: Paraffin wax is widely used in both pedicure and manicure treatments. I got paraffin wax treatment done in a parlor few weeks back and it was really good, it left my feet soft and smooth. The only difference is the paraffin wax that is used in the parlor is scented and colored. You can do the treatment for the fraction of that price at home by following the steps below. 4. Paraffin Wax For Face: Paraffin wax treatment for face is done in the parlors now to hydrate the skin, reduce the pores and wrinkles and is gaining in popularity. Before doing paraffin wax treatment for your face please do remember paraffin wax is a petroleum by product and if you have sensitive skin or acne, I would suggest not doing the treatment at all. 5. Paraffin Wax For Physiotherapy: Paraffin wax is also commonly used in physiotherapy treatments to lessen the pain and stiffness. You can use paraffin wax treatment to apply deep heat on any area that causes pain except on open sores and wounds. Paraffin Wax Side Effects: Paraffin wax is best avoided in candles as the fumes are toxic. You can use it for external application if you don’t have sensitive skin.
1. Take paraffin wax and unrefined oil in a paraffin wax heater and melt.
2. There is no temperature setting in my wax heater so I heat it till it is melted and wait for it to cool a bit. Now using a brush, apply the wax on the area you want to use.
3. Apply 2 to 3 layers of paraffin wax.
4. Cover either with an aluminum foil or a plastic cover and tie it at the base.
5. Wait for 20 to 30 minutes, remove the plastic cover and peel off the wax. You will find your skin really soft and smooth.
- Be careful while applying paraffin wax especially if you are dipping your hands directly in the wax.
- You can use any unrefined oil that you prefer along with beeswax.
- If you have sensitive skin, do a small patch test before applying.