Ginger bath has amazing health benefits. There are few natural treatments that really work in relaxing our bodies and ginger bath is definitely one among them. Like for instance take the traditional Indian oil bath, I can confidently say that it is one of the best treatments to relax because we have been using it for years with good results. Like oil bath, ginger bath also refreshes a person, especially it works great for people who are anxious and tired and find it difficult to get good sleep.
What Is Ginger Bath?
Ginger bath is nothing but soaking ourselves in ginger infused water. We can use either fresh or dried ginger and also the ginger essential oil. This ginger bath will make you refreshed and will greatly relax you and you will be surprised at how well you sleep on that day.
Especially after a bout of flu or cold we are often left drained and lethargic. Though we start our regular work as we are not sick anymore, the tiredness and lethargy continues. This is the best time to do a ginger bath as it is the best detox treatment and relaxes the body completely.
Ginger Bath Health Benefits:
1. Detoxes Our Body:
We hear the word detox a lot and we always associate it to expensive spa treatments but in reality simple treatments like this ginger bath will give you the best detox. Try to do this bath when you are relaxed and not pressed for time.
2. For Cold, Flu | Fever & Sinus:
This is the best treatment for chest congestion due to cold. If you are suffering from blocked nose, headache and sinus then ginger bath will be very beneficial. This bath can be used for children too, but reduce the amount of the ginger mixture and don’t make them soak too long in the bath, especially if using it for the first time.
3. For Arthritis & Sore Muscles: Reduces Inflammation
Since ginger has got anti inflammatory properties, it is very very good for sore muscles and people who are suffering from arthritis will find that it helps ease the pain. Even people who are suffering from sore muscles after working out will find that this bath makes them feel and rest better, thus helping in faster recovery for the next workout. This bath also helps hemorrhoids.
Ginger Bath Side Effects:
One thing you have to keep in mind when you are doing a ginger bath is that you will sweat a lot, in fact sweat profusely. So keep yourself hydrated before and after taking this ginger bath and I would strongly suggest wearing cotton clothes after the bath. That night you will get a very good night sleep and the next day you will feel very refreshed and much better.
How To Take A Ginger Bath:
There are few thing that we have to remember when we are doing this bath: This bath makes you sweat so keep yourself hydrated and wear cotton clothes after the bath. Try to do this bath close to bed time so you can get a good nights sleep. If you don’t want to use this blend for bath, you can also try this for a foot bath.
1. Take fresh ginger root, peel the skin and grate it using a fine grater.
2. Mix the ginger powder and ginger essential oil to the grated ginger.
3. To have the ginger bath, mix the blend in warm water. Soak yourself in it for at least 20 minutes. If you don’t want to use it for bath, try this blend as a foot soak.
- This blend will not irritate the skin, but if you have a very very sensitive skin, do a small patch test with the mixture to be 100% sure.
- Try this ginger bath weekly once or twice till you feel better.
- Try using organic ginger and ginger powder for good results.
- The essential oil in the blend makes the bath smell wonderful.
- Light a few candles and play some soft music and you will feel as if you are in an expensive spa 🙂