like a store bought fancy oils. It won’t smell great and it might be
hard to get it out of the hair when you have hair wash but it stops hair fall very effectively, especially when combined with a great diet. 3. Castor Oil for Thinning & Dry hair: Castor oil treats dry hair very very effectively. After using this homemade hair oil, you will find your hair much more manageable and smooth. Here in my place, we use arappu to wash the oil out. If you are using shampoo, most probably you will have to use it twice to get the oil out, else your hair will be very greasy. 4. Castor oil For Split Ends: Castor oil is great for preventing split ends, especially if used as a pre shampoo treatment. To treat split ends, warm the castor oil mixture (recipe below) and massage it gently in the scalp and all over the hair concentrating especially on the split ends. You will surprised how effectively this treatment works! 5. Castor oil for scalp infections: Castor oil has anti fungal and antibacterial properties making it ideal for treating all kinds of scalp infections. Never use this castor oil mixture as a daily application oil, you might feel very uncomfortable as it might be sticky and smelly. I would recommend using this oil each time before having hair wash and this castor oil treatment can be safely used by everyone. Try using pure cold pressed castor oil for best results. In India cold pressed castor oil is not available, but you can buy unprocessed oils easily from small family run businesses. I hope, I have convinced you enough to try castor oil for your hair 🙂
1. Take the fenugreek seeds in a plate and sundry till crisp.
2. This is alkanet root and it is called ratanjot in India. You can easily get it in country medical shops.
2. Mix unrefined coconut oil, castor oil (preferably unrefined castor oil) in a cup along with alkanet root and sun dried fenugreek seeds.
4. Sun dry again under hot sun covered with a thin mesh till the color of the oil changes to bright red (due to the alkanet releasing it’s color in the oil).
5. Strain and store it in a glass bottle once the oil comes to room temperature.
- I love hair oils that is heated under sunlight and this oil is no exception 🙂
- To get the best benefits out of the is oil, before having your hair wash massage this oil well in the scalp, wait for 15 to 20 minutes before having your hair wash.
- If you have applied a lot of the oil or if your hair is thick, you will have to shampoo twice else the oil will not go as the castor oil is very sticky.
- You can increase or decrease the amount of castor oil in the recipe.
- Fenugreek in the oil keeps the body cool and the alkanet prevents premature greying and treats scalp infections too.