My first post! I had no doubt about what I wanted to post first. It has to be turmeric, because turmeric was one of the main reasons I started the blog. I suffered from abscess for almost 2 years, on and off. Abscess are nothing but boils filled with pus.
The boils will start off small, usually in my legs or thighs and within a day or two it will get bigger and start filling with pus. I will have a slight temperature and the pain will be so unbearable. For the first year I was going to a doctor to drain the pus. By the second year I became an expert in draining the pus myself (lol).
The doctor did tissue culture and found out it was Staphylococcus Virus and prescribed antibiotics (almost 1500 mg per day). I kept taking the medicines regularly. But I usually kept getting it back, usually few weeks after I finished my medications.
One day someone in my village suggested turmeric, by then I was desperate for anything except medicines. I had started developing slight ulcers too, because of the medicines. I was so desperate that I got a whole kilo of turmeric, made turmeric paste and started applying it every day after bath. I started taking a multivitamin too to increase my immunity.
Miraculously I stopped getting abscess after that. It has been almost a year now and I still use turmeric paste after my bath, though not daily. It still amazes me how a simple every day ingredient like turmeric saved me from so much pain. Anyway here is the way I use turmeric……..
Turmeric Paste For Boils: Turmeric Poultice
1. There are 2 types of turmeric available in the market, (thin ones called virali manjal, fat round ones called kundu manjal). I use the fat ones.
2. The turmeric is hard, so soak it in hot water for few minutes .
3. Take the turmeric and rub it on a coarse stone with little bit of water till you get a thick paste.
4. Apply the paste on top of the boil as a poultice. Usually the boil matures fast and ruptures very quickly and the pus drains. To prevent boils from coming again, apply turmeric paste mixed with little curd after bath and wash off again with soap.
- The turmeric paste stains the clothes badly. To prevent it – after applying to the body, wash the area with soap again.
- Turmeric powder we get in the shops usually have added color in them so I prefer making my own paste.
- Applying turmeric paste alone can dry your skin if you use it on a regular basis. If
you are using daily mix it with little curd and use.