This malai and dates eye mask can be in no time. Many of us have dark circles under our eyes due to lack of sleep, long hours in front of the computer and television, busy and stressful life style etc. This under eye mask made with fresh malai, dates and glycerin is perfect to relax the skin around the eyes.
As our skin around the eyes are very delicate, gentle masks like these work wonders in helping to reduce dark circles. Glycerin is a natural emollient and it also help to retain moisture. Dates when applied tropically helps in making the skin soft and supple. Fresh malai helps in reducing the dark circles.
To make this under eye mask, soak dates in water after removing the seeds, till it gets soft. Strain the water and take the dates in a blender along with fresh malai and glycerin. Blend till you get a smooth mixture. The mixture shouldn’t have any lumps.
Fresh malai, is nothing but the fat layer that forms after boiling milk. If you don’t have it at home, you can substitute it with store bought fresh cream. The mixture should be thick and creamy, else it will drip down the face.
Homemade Malai and Dates Eye Mask Recipe
1. Remove the seeds from dates and soak them in water for at least 2 to 3 hours.
2. Take the soaked dates, fresh malai and glycerin in a blender.
3. Blend it to a smooth paste without adding any water. The mixture should be thick and smooth without any lumps.
- If you don’t have both fresh malai and store bought fresh cream at home, substitute it with thick yogurt.
- Spread the mixture under the eyes and relax for at least 15 minutes, before washing off.