DIY: How to Make Homemade Sugar Wax Recipe for Hair Removal (With Pictures)
This tried and tested homemade sugar wax recipe for hair removal is easy. The ingredients are just lemon juice, water and sugar. For the wax to be smooth, it has to be boiled to the correct stage. I also prefer to pour the wax, into my wax heater immediately after making it. Wax heater is a small machine that melts wax without burning it. It makes things easy because you don't have to go to the burner to melt the wax each time. Whenever you want to wax, just plug it on and the wax beautifully melts to the desired temperature. Once the wax reaches the desired temperature, just shut the wax heater off and apply the wax with a spatula, in the direction of hair growth. Press a waxing strip over the applied wax nicely and pull the waxing strip firmly in the opposite direction. It is painful and messy, the first time you wax at home. But over time, it will become easier and pain free. Waxing exfoliates the skin, leaving it smooth. Waxing also pulls out the hair from the roots, leaving one to have smooth skin for longer durations. If we keep waxing regularly, the hair growth in the area also reduces considerably over time.
1. Measure out sugar, water and squeeze fresh lemon juice.
2. Take the sugar, water and lemon juice in a pan and boil it.
3. After a few minutes, the sugar will dissolve and it will come to a full boil.
4. Let it boil till the sugar syrup turns golden brown. The sugar syrup in the picture has caramelized.
5. This is my little wax heater! Pour the wax into it. Let it cool and close it with a lid. The wax will solidify and you can store it like this for months. When you want to use it, just plug the wax heater on and the wax will melt beautifully without any mess!
Pour the wax immediately into the wax heater, once it reaches the correct stage. If you let it cool, it will be difficult to trasfer the wax.
During waxing, make sure to switch off the wax heater, once the wax comes to the desired temperature.
Use a spatula to spread the wax on clean, dry skin, in the direction of hair growth.
Press the waxing strip firmly on the skin and pull it in the opposite direction of hair growth