This homemade after shave lotion is very fragrant and will make a great holiday gift. There is something deeply satisfying, about making our own things and presenting it to the people we love and of course, the added benefit of saving money too. Men prefer after shave lotions to have a refreshing smell and it should also act as an antiseptic that heals the cuts and wounds from the shave. A good after shave lotion should also moisturize the skin. Though there are about thousands of after shave lotions on the market, making homemade after shave lotion is very easy. This homemade after shave lotion easily fills all the above said requirements. The alcohol in this homemade aftershave lotion acts as an antiseptic. Glycerin moisturizes the skin and green tea acts as a natural sunblock. To make this after shave lotion, first make a double strength green tea. Take flavorless vodka that contains 40% alcohol (80 proof) and mix it with the double strength green tea. Now for the fragrance take allspice, cinnamon and bay leaf and bruise it slightly. Add it to the above mixture and leave it in cool, dark place for at least a day. Strain the liquid and add few drops of glycerine. Your after shave is ready to be bottled!
1. Measure out the vodka and get all the ingredients ready.
2. Slightly pound the spices (cinnamon, allspice and bay leaf) till they are slightly bruised.
3. Make double strength green tea and mix 2tbsp of it with the measured out vodka.
4. Add the bruised spices to the prepared mixture, cover and let it steep for a day in a cool dark place. Add the glycerine to the mixture.
5. Strain the mixture and store it in a glass bottle.
You can also use lemon or vanilla flavored vodka, for this homemade after shave lotion.
The spice mixture depends on individual choice, try experimenting with different blends.
Try to make small batches of this lotion, for the smell to remain fresh.