I wanted to share three of my favorite natural eyelash growth serums that I use regularly. We all want long and thick eyelashes and some of us are naturally blessed with thick eyelashes.
But if you are a person who has got scanty eyelashes, please don’t worry, there are wonderful remedies to thicken the eyelashes and these homemade eyelash growth serums are the best.
Eyelash Growth Serums In India:
Natural Eyelash Growth Serum:
Usually natural eyelash serums are made with castor oil as a base but I prefer herbal extracts as serums made with herbal extracts are more lighter than castor oil based serums and they are so easy to apply on the eyelashes too.
Herbal extracts are also equally effective in promoting eyelash growth like castor oil. But make sure to choose herbs that are very effective for promoting hair growth.
DIY Eyelash Growth Serum:
I made three eyelash serums serum with three of the best hair growth promoting herbs. The herbs I have used are rosemary, peppermint and curry leaves. All these three herbs have amazing hair growth promoting properties and they also smell amazing.
It is best to make the extracts with fresh herbs but if you don’t get fresh herbs you can make the extracts with dried herbs too. These serums only differ in smell depending on the herb used but otherwise they are equally effective in promoting eyelash growth.
Eyelash Growth Serum Making Tips:
- Make the serum in small batches and use it within a week for best results. To make the serum, choose from anyone of the three herbs given and make an extract out of it.
- Try to use the extract immediately once made for best results. If the extract is kept for a long time without making the serum, it will change color and loose it’s smell too.
- Then mix the extract with fresh aloe vera gel and vitamin E oil and mix well. Both vitamin E and aloe vera gel are very safe to use on eyelashes and they help in eyelash growth too.
- This serum if refrigerated will last well for about 7 to 10 days and if you use them everyday, you will experience amazing eyelash growth very quickly…
3 Best Natural Eyelash Growth Serum Recipes:
1. Rosemary Eyelash Growth Serum:
Rosemary has amazing hair growth promoting properties. It was the first herb I tried and my most favorite as it smells amazing. Actually the serum made with rosemary is equally effective like castor oil in promoting eyelash growth.
Here in India, some department stores stock fresh rosemary. If you don’t get fresh rosemary, you can use dried rosemary too. To make rosemary extract, first take 1/2 cup of water in a pot.
Add a small bunch of fresh rosemary to it and start boiling. Let it boil till the color of the water changes and the water reduces in half. This will take approximately about 6 to 7 minutes. Once it reduces in half, switch off and strain.
2. Peppermint Eyelash Growth Serum:
Peppermint is an other herb that is amazing for promoting hair growth. Some nurseries here in India stock fresh peppermint plants. To make peppermint extract, first take 1/2 cup of water in a pot.
Add a handful of fresh peppermint leaves to it and start boiling. Let it boil till the color of the water changes and the water reduces in half. Once it reduces in half, switch off, strain and let cool completely.
3. Curry Leaves Eyelash Growth Serum:
All of us know that curry leaves are excellent for promoting hair growth and it can be used for promoting eyelash growth too. Actually you will be amazed how effective it is! It also smells nice.
To make curry leaf extract, bruise 1/4 cup of curry leaves in a mortar and pestle. This helps it release its essence into the water faster. Now boil them in 1/2 cup of water till the water reduces to 1/4 cup. Switch off, strain and let cool completely.
DIY How To Make Eyelash Growth Serum:
1. To make the serum, take 2 teaspoons of aloe vera gel that is free of color and perfume in a bowl. Though I have used store bought aloe vera gel, you can use fresh aloe vera gel too.
I have tried both but I find using store-bought gel gives the perfect consistency. Fresh aloe vera gel makes the serum too runny.
2. Now add in quarter cup of your desired extract little by little. I have made with three of the best eyelash growth herbs but if you want you can add your desired herb extract too.
3. Once the extract is mixed well into the aloe vera gel, break open one vitamin E capsule and add the contents. Once you add the contents of the vitamin E capsule, the serum will turn slightly glossy. Mix thoroughly and your serum is ready!
4. Now take an old mascara bottle, wash and sun dry it well. I have taken the serum in a medicine dispenser which was a gift when my son was a child. I rarely used it, now I just use it to fill in small mouthed bottles like this with serums and oils.
5. Once it’s filled, cap it tightly and keep it refrigerated. If kept refrigerated, it’ll last well for about two weeks by which time it will get over.
To use, before going to bed every day night, remove all makeup and then apply this serum on the eyelashes. Leave it overnight. You will start seeing visible results with 2 to 3 weeks of regular usage.
- Make sure to use aloe vera gel that is free of color and perfume for best results.
- Try to use fresh herbs for best results.
- Don’t forget to keep the eyelash serum refrigerated.
- Try using it everyday to see fast results.
When u say “Now add in quarter cup of your desired extract little by little”. Extract means after boiling herb in water supposed to make paste out of it or we are using the remaining water after boiling. Please clarify
Hi dear remya m fan of u now ..daily watching your videos ..do u have booklet of all remedies..
I want copy of all if u have please
9892337866 my wtsup number
Your voice is so realxing
God bless you 😘👍
I don’t have any booklet Rajeshwari, planning to write a eBook or herbal book soon………….
That’s great dear ..best wishes
Hi Ramya, this is an amazing blog. Thank you for sharing these precious remedies and information with us. Can you please tell me what brand of aloe vera gel you use for making the serum. My skin goes red when I use some store brought aloe vera gel but i think it is because of the added color and perfume. Thanks again, Best wishes, Sachi
Instead of fresh rosemary can we use Rosemary essential oil?