Wheatgrass juice is truly a miracle juice as it gives us glowing skin and hair and has many health benefits and medicinal uses. Wheatgrass juice is also called as wheatgrass shots. It is the juice got when we grind the grass of our common wheat whose botanical name is Triticum Aestivum.
Since wheatgrass juice has many health benefits and is packed full of nutrients, it is rightly called the “Green Blood”. Wheatgrass juice is called “Godhumai Pul Juice” in Tamil, “Genhu Ke Jaware ka Ras” in Hindi, “Gavankur Juice” In Marathi and “Godhuma Gaddi” in Telugu.
I first came to know about consuming wheatgrass juice through one of my relatives, she used to grow wheatgrass at home and consume wheatgrass juice regularly. She was also the one who made me aware of it’s amazing health benefits.
Wheatgrass Juice Nutrients:
One of the important ingredients that wheatgrass juice is rich in is chlorophyll which accounts for almost 70 %. Chlorophyll is the green pigment found in plants that gives the plant it’s green color and which also helps absorb light energy needed for photosynthesis.
Along with chlorophyll, wheatgrass juice is rich in minerals, vitamins, amino acids and enzymes. Wheatgrass juice is rich in vitamins and minerals like ascorbic acid, dehydroascorbic acid, vitamin E, carotene, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, sulfur, magnesium, sodium, zinc and copper. A cup of wheatgrass juice has only 20 calories.
Wheatgrass Juice Health Benefits & Medicinal Uses:
1. Wheatgrass Juice For Weight Loss:
Wheatgrass juice helps detoxify our body naturally which helps get rid of the toxins from our body effectively. When our body is rid of toxins, our digestive system is in peak order and it also helps boosts our metabolism resulting in natural weight loss.
If you are on a weight loss diet, try to include wheatgrass juice daily in your diet. It will not only help in weight loss, it will also help prevent nutritional deficiencies that is very common during weight loss.
2. Wheatgrass Juice For Hair:
Since wheatgrass is rich in all vital nutrients and minerals that are essential for hair growth, consuming a glass of wheatgrass juice daily will greatly prevent hair loss caused due to nutritional deficiencies.
Since it has wonderful antioxidant properties, it will prevent premature greying of the hair too. If you are experiencing severe hair loss, I would suggest consuming wheatgrass daily.
3. Wheatgrass Juice For Skin:
Wheatgrass is excellent for skin both when applied externally and taken internally. Since wheatgrass is rich in antioxidants, it prevents free radical damage which is usually the cause of premature ageing of the skin.
Since it has anti bacterial and soothing properties, it treats many skin ailments including acne, psoriasis and eczema. You can apply fresh wheatgrass juice mixed with little honey as a face pack to keep the skin glowing and youthful.
4.Wheatgrass juice For Treating Diseases:
Wheat grass juice treats many diseases, it treats ulcers as it has anti ulcer properties. It is a good remedy for constipation and piles as it reduces inflammation and eases bowel movements. It treats anemia and it also treats gum diseases very effectively.
5.Wheatgrass Juice Protecting Effect:
Wheatgrass juice has a protective effect on the kidneys, liver and heart. It also has anti cancer properties. Wheatgrass detoxifies our body and purifies our blood, people who are suffering from kidney disease and liver diseases can consume wheatgrass juice everyday.
But I would kindly suggest consuming wheatgrass juice after consulting with your physician especially if you are on any medication for treating kidney or liver problems.
Wheatgrass Juice Dosage & Side Effects:
Usually a cup of wheatgrass juice is the suggested amount, I usually consume one cup of fresh wheatgrass a day.
Pregnant women can consume wheatgrass juice but make sure to make your own wheatgrass juice at home and it is also best to consume it after consulting with your doctor.
Some people might be allergic to wheatgrass. Generally, wheatgrass juice if consumed in the normal amounts will not cause any side effects. But if you overdose on wheatgrass juice, it will cause diarrhea.
How To Make Wheatgrass Juice | Wheatgrass Shots At Home:
1. Take a handful of fresh wheatgrass and wash it thoroughly to get rid of any dirt.
2. Now take the washed wheatgrass in a mixer along with 1/4 cup of water.
3. Grind it as finely as you can and strain through a strainer.
4. Your amazing wheatgrass juice is ready! Drink it immediately for best results.
Wheatgrass Juice For Skin Care:
I also tried a simple face pack with wheatgrass juice which I really loved. It left my skin smooth and glowing.
1. Take a tbsp of gram flour also called as besan in a bowl.
2. Add in enough fresh wheatgrass juice to it.
3. Mix well to form a smooth paste and apply as a face pack. Wait for it to dry completely before washing it off.
- I don’t usually sweeten wheatgrass juice but you can sweeten with honey if you prefer.
- Drink the juice immediately once made for best results.
- This juice is not bad to drink, it just smells slightly grassy which I don’t mind considering the amazing benefits it offers.
- Try drinking this juice in empty stomach for best results.
- We get frozen wheatgrass in some countries, you can use it to make the juice too.
- When buying wheatgrass make sure to buy organic wheatgrass for best results.