A juice made from arugampul also called “Bermuda Grass” in English has wonderful health benefits. Arugampul juice is the best home remedy for anemia and keeps us refreshed through the day. Drinking arugampul juice helps in treating skin diseases and prevents further attacks. It is also one of the best natural detox juices available and regular consumption of this juice cleanses our body. It prevents cold and sinus infection, if consumed regularly. Drinking this juice also helps get rid of mouth odor. Few months back, I was continuously having this arugampul juice everyday. One of our neighbors who was consuming this juice regularly advised me to drink this arugampul juice everyday for it’s wonderful health benefits. I stopped drinking because we didn’t get proper rains for a few months and all the grass dried out in the farm. Arugampul / Bermuda Grass is considered very highly in India, we make a garland out of it and use it as an offering in our prayers. It is also used extensively in home remedies. Nowadays, even in major cities in India, arugampul juice is sold everywhere. But the problem with arugampul juice is, it should be made hygienically, else drinking arugampul juice itself will lead to other problems. Arugampul has to be cleaned really well before making the juice, so always try and make your own arugampul juice at home. To make the arugampul juice, collect fresh grass that has not been stamped on, and the best way to do it is to grow it in pots or in a fenced area. Soak the cut grass in water for a few minutes to remove the dirt, wash it well again and then cut it into small pieces. Add boiled water to it and grind in a mixer and strain. I like to drink it plain, but you can add honey to sweeten it. If you find it bland, you can add cumin seeds, peppercorns and salt while grinding the grass. This juice has a bland taste and fresh grassy smell that I like. Arugampul can be easily grown in huge pots anywhere. Try to drink it in empty stomach in the early morning for best results.
1. Collect fresh grass, preferably in the early morning and soak it in water for a few minutes to remove all the dirt.
2. Cut it into small pieces and grind it in a mixer using boiled water. You can add cumin seeds and peppercorns while grinding, if you prefer.
3. Strain it using a soup strainer by squeezing the ground grass with your fingers.
4. Drink it fresh for it’s wonderful health benefits.
- This juice tastes good, if made with fresh grass.
- Clean the grass really well, before making the juice.
- Adding spices are individual choice. Some good additions are peppercorns and cumin seeds, but add very little.