Some of us have very scanty eyelashes and eye brows, it gets thinner as we age too. Eyebrows also tend to get thinner due to illness and infections. If there is one treatment that really works for treating scanty eyebrows, it is castor oil. Castor oil has been used for centuries to treat scanty eyebrows. Castor oil is a vegetable oil obtained by crushing the seeds of castor plant. Castor oil is also a body coolant and I always have a bottle of castor oil at home. In our home, we add castor oil along with the pulses while boiling them. We also use it extensively as a home remedy. Castor oil is filled with vital nutrients that help in hair growth on the scalp, eyelashes and eyebrows. No other oil can beat castor oil in thickening the eyebrows quickly. Castor oil has the following benefits when used on eyebrows: 1. Castor Oil For Thicker Eyebrows: Regular application of castor oil increases circulation and if applied over the eyelids, it also reduces redness of the eyes. It is also one of the cheapest and the most effective treatment for promoting eyebrow growth.2. Castor Oil For Fast Eyebrow Regrowth: All of us want fast results and instead of buying chemical laden creams that promises fast eyebrow growth, try pure castor oil. No other oil promotes faster eyebrow hair growth like castor oil. With regular application you will start seeing results very fast. But try to use unrefined castor oil for best results. 3. Castor Oil For Infections: Scanty eyebrows can be genetic or it can be due to infections. If it is due to infections, castor oil will treat the problem very effectively. Tulsi/ holy basil is also very effective in treating skin infections, using it along with castor oil treats thinning of the eyebrows due to infection. To use castor oil for eyebrows, first clean fresh basil, separate the leaves and dry them in shade. Warm the castor oil over low heat and add the tulsi leaves all at once and switch off. Cool, strain and use this oil to massage the eyebrows everyday.
1. Wash the tulsi leaves and dry them in the shade till there is no moisture left.
2. Warm the castor oil in a pan. Make sure not to heat it too much.
3. Add all the leaves at once and switch off. Cool and strain the oil.
4. Massage this oil in the eyebrows everyday before sleep and leave it overnight. Regular use of this oil will thicken the eyebrows very quickly.
- Try using only fresh tulsi leaves, for the oil to be effective.
- Try to use this oil regularly everyday night for best results.
- Don’t heat the castor oil too much.