Chocolate, especially dark chocolate does wonders to skin. Any skin treatment made with dark chocolate leaves the skin amazingly soft and smooth. I have always loved chocolate treatments and even if I visit a beauty parlor, most of the time I will ask for chocolate treatments. A few months back, this recipe caught my attention, when I was reading a beauty book. I have always wanted to try homemade chocolate face masks for a long time, finally I tried this recipe last week and fell in love with it. I think it has to do with the lovely chocolate smell in the mask. I know chocolate by itself is heavenly, but combined with strawberries, this mask is really an indulgence. This chocolate face mask has amazing skin benefits. It treats dry and rough skin leaving it soft and smooth. It also clears all the blemishes like acne, scars and pigmentation on the face leaving it clear and glowing. I used dark chocolate for this mask. If you don’t have dark chocolate, substitute it with semi sweet chocolate. But please don’t use milk compound for this mask, as the amount of cocoa butter is very less in compounds. I used double boiler to melt the chocolate. It is one of the best ways to melt the chocolate without burning it. You can melt the chocolate in the microwave too. This pack is best applied, when the chocolate is warm. This pack dries very fast and can be used safely by all skin types.
1. Break the chocolate into small pieces and place it in a bowl. Place the bowl over a pan of boiling water. The bowl with the chocolate should not touch the water, else the chocolate will burn easily. Let the chocolate melt completely. Remove from fire.
2. Wash the strawberries, remove the stalk and grind to a smooth puree in the mixer without adding water.
3. Mix the strawberry puree, few drops of honey and melted chocolate together into a paste.
4. Apply the mixture on the face, when the chocolate is still warm. Let it dry completely, before washing off.
- Keep the flame on low, when melting the chocolate.
- Make sure to melt the chocolate over double boiler.
- Don’t add water to strawberries while grinding.